A good suspension set up w/ wheel set up.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Hello, I would just like to ask your person opinion for a few suspension set-up that I have in mind.

Going towards the K sport coilover set up, Function and Form 2, or the Ground Control w/ Konig yellows.

I know there is already the suspension thread, but I just want a personal opinion because I am running more stuffs.

I'm going to be running 2 12" alpine R's and a ported box, might weight something around 60 pounds in the back.

Either 3 suspensions that I get, I will be running some TL-S sway bar.

I don't know if I should also upgrade any part of the suspension.

Also, I will most likely be running some 17x7 or 17x9 XXR 962 or some Rota RB-R's 18x8.5.

I am wanting to lower my car about 2.75-3" on the front and back w/ speakers.

I plan to roll my fenders and if I have to, then I will get a camber kit.

These stock 5th gen 15" isn't doing the trick while riding in stock height.

Btw, I plan to have it piece all together at once when I get my whole set-up, i'm not going to half *** it also.

Just some helpful tips you guys might be able to give to a noob :).

truWarier02

Reaction score
All 3 will slam your ride, no problem. But you can't go wrong with the Koni/GC combo. You can ask juicebox00 about it.

It'll probably be my next setup too.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
Hello, I would just like to ask your person opinion for a few suspension set-up that I have in mind.

Going towards the K sport coilover set up, Function and Form 2, or the Ground Control w/ Konig yellows.

I know there is already the suspension thread, but I just want a personal opinion because I am running more stuffs.

I'm going to be running 2 12" alpine R's and a ported box, might weight something around 60 pounds in the back.

Either 3 suspensions that I get, I will be running some TL-S sway bar.

I don't know if I should also upgrade any part of the suspension.

Also, I will most likely be running some 17x7 or 17x9 XXR 962 or some Rota RB-R's 18x8.5.

I am wanting to lower my car about 2.75-3" on the front and back w/ speakers.

I plan to roll my fenders and if I have to, then I will get a camber kit.

These stock 5th gen 15" isn't doing the trick while riding in stock height.

Btw, I plan to have it piece all together at once when I get my whole set-up, i'm not going to half *** it also.

Just some helpful tips you guys might be able to give to a noob :).

coilovers are nice because you can adjust the ride height, you don't need a camber kit only an alignment once your height is set for good. stock wheels on slammed cars look good imo, both sketch and myself rode the stock 15's while slammed,

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys.

Yeah, but these 15's 7 spoke rims are crappy as hell. All the clear coat is tearing apart, some curb marks, no bent rims though.

Do you guys thing with 2 12" spearker w/ box, spare tire, and tools will affect my height?

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
i doubt it, may make the boat look a little more noticeable if you don't go with the coilovers

Yeah. Thanks for the info.

Any personal experiences with Ksport, F&F2, or the GC w/ Yellow's?

All 3 will slam your ride, no problem. But you can't go wrong with the Koni/GC combo. You can ask juicebox00 about it.

It'll probably be my next setup too.

I also forgot, what is your current suspension set up atm?

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
had ksports, loved em, never had any issues other people (not on this forum) have had with their quality. ksports, FF, Tein are all made in the same factory, Teins are made to slightly different specs and are softer, but from what i've heard ksports vs ff is almost un-noticable in differences. the two biggest factors in what you want when you get a coilover set up imo is the harshness of the ride, dampening adjustability and top mounts. If you get the SS from Tein you can get a pillowball upper mount which probably makes it ride as close to stock as you could get.

I had my ksports dead center in the dampening with no issues, a tad rough but i'm not a pussy so it never bothered me. my wife liked the ride, with the seat reclined she could fall asleep no problem. I put about 2800 miles of interstate driving in 6 days and never had a problem with them or the car.

truWarier02

Reaction score
I also forgot, what is your current suspension set up atm?

I've had Tein SS coilovers for 2 years. They ride great and will give you a nice 3" drop max, but unfortunately, that's not low enough for me (and for many other people actually). These might be nice for you but they cost $1k+. But you can look up Tein Basic. The only difference is that SS have dampening adjustability.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
So if you never had your Ksports. Which of the 3 would you rather get?

Just a little opinion that may convince me of getting that type of set up.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
I've had Tein SS coilovers for 2 years. They ride great and will give you a nice 3" drop max, but unfortunately, that's not low enough for me (and for many other people actually). These might be nice for you but they cost $1k+. But you can look up Tein Basic. The only difference is that SS have dampening adjustability.

I heard they ride really nice when their on a 2.25-2.5 drop. I wasn't really looking into Tien SS because they are a bit price for my taste. Only if I had the extra dough hah.

Back