Turbo Rebuild help-1 seal question

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Finished my Garrett turbo rebuild kit with everything the DIY i was using showed.But I cannot figure out where this large Red O-ring/seal goes.
any help and input would be great before I seal it back up.

I want to say its for the compressor housing but im not sure.since the DIY below shows a flat gray gasket.
CIMG3461.jpg

heres the DIY i used;
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=11208

Last edited:

akoutmos

Reaction score
Almost positive thats for the compressor housing. When i took my gt25 apart there was a similar looking gasket for the compressor housing.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
compressor housing would be my guess too but i've never had a garret turbo apart and my 16g has no gaskets that big. does it fit the compressor housing?

hahaha38

Reaction score
Its for the compressor housing. I hope you plan on having it balanced at a shop or it prolly won't last that long.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Thanks for the input..i ended up ordering a garrett flat.gasket like the diy showed for 8$.
i wouldnt think a rebalance would be needed for seal change? I used.th existing balanced nut and rvrrything.but i could be wrong.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
no i changed every seal,bearings,carbon seal..ect ect. but the turbines where undamaged.
you can see the turbine on the exhaust nut shaved for balance along with the compressor wheel is balanced as well.so for the price i paid(super cheap) for it ill run it and if it does crap out ill put on another ebay one or something.

Back