This is what happen when you dont change your air filter

Datsrboi

Reaction score
I brought my 98 accord recently from kansas in great condition but notice the AC wasnt blowing so well. I pulled up the car service record to see all FULL sevice was done Almost to the car. I notice the cabin air filter was never change. So I did it today after 130k miles for the first time ever and HOLY MAN was it clog. The pictures are after I dusted a chunk of dirt and dead bugs out of it. Now my car is perfect for me :)

DSC_2040.jpg

DSC_2039.jpg

How long do you think the filter can last in these cars? I would think 50 of car owners forget about them.

xluben

Reaction score
my car has 142k and judging by the condition the engine was in, i don't think it was serviced properly.

i really need to check my cabin air filters!

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
i changed mine at 70K and it was abt tht bad.... AC blows better after tht

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I pulled mine out in the summer and have new ones to put in but I'm being lazy about it. Its cold and I dont wanna do it. So I have no filters and my car is getting really dusty.

I'd really like to retrofit a K&N filter to fit in there so I don't have to keep paying $20 for these things that only last a few months.

NokBlue

Reaction score
here in denver at the honda dealership they cost $16 each. :eek:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
yup you need 2.

another thing to add to my list for break...137k and i have no idea if theyve been done. im guessing not because my a/c sucks :(

Back