Installed Sidemarkers

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Well Osiriskidd, did you try it with a steak knife!?? :ugh:

Don't want amber ones though. Maybe something black-housed..

If I get tired of these, then I will tint them, so they are not as noticable on my car. I have them wired up so they are always on, but blink with blinker - JDM style, so it may end up being sort of pointless to do anything, since they remain lit.

LeeAnn - I think the clear ones would look great on your white coupe, but they would just spell rice pilaf on my DEP sedan :hihi:

deucescorner

Reaction score
I've always wanted them, I was thinking the smoked sidemarkers from a TL Type S but I'm not keen on making holes on the body.

Nice work as usual

shavedaccord

Reaction score
I've always wanted them, I was thinking the smoked sidemarkers from a TL Type S but I'm not keen on making holes on the body.

Nice work as usual
Eh fenders are replaceable though just keep that in mind, it's not like you're cutting into a 1/4 panel.

I've been thinking about these for awhile but I'm still undecided too. I personally like the amber I think cleared is played out.

osiriskidd

Reaction score
Well Osiriskidd, did you try it with a steak knife!?? :ugh:

of course not. an all purpose table knife. not a steak knife, TABLE KNIFE. it cuts better apparently. i mean, it sliced through leather just fine...just not..sheetmetal.

oo_phuong

Reaction score
great job job russianred:thumbup:
i been wanting to do the sidemarkers too, so you basically jus wired them up w/ ur turn signal wires????
i wanted to do them the same way having them turn on when the parking lights come on and blink when i turn

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Yeah dude, just took a few hours in the morning and got down and dirty with the dremel. Wasn't sure how to start measuring them, but eventually found some landmarks and when measurements were even on both sides I put down the template. By the way. I created a printable template which measures out mm-to-mm so you can just cut it with scissors and tape it :D
I just resized it a bunch of times in MSPaint by trial and error until all measurements were printed to be accurate.

Here it is:

scalesidemarkereditedvg9.jpg

This will help those installing EK sidemarkers. Just save it to your desktop, then print it - it should be to scale.

The arrow that is pointing to front, is pointing to the narrower end. I put my sidemarkers wider end to the front, therefore reversed the arrows.

Enjoy :thumbsup:

Funny, the template you "made" looks just like the one posted on talkjdm.com.........

http://www.talkjdm.com/showthread.php?t=518

and Team Integra.......
http://www.team-integra.net/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=15&TopicID=171554&PagePosition=1&ThreadPage=2

I know this because this is the exact printable template I used a year ago.

Last edited:
Back