Heated Seats...?

osiriskidd

Reaction score
overrated unless you have leather.
cloth works fine.

jdm STi seats ftw.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
The effort it takes to put that in outweights the price. The only way i would do it (well i don't need to because i live in cali), is if i was redoing my interior, which i plan to do at some point. To take off the seat covers, keep them intact with no damage, put those in, and getting look like you never touched anything is a MAJOR project. I am concidering this when and if i recover my seats, only because i can and at that point, it's easy but i wouldn't ever concider doing it otherwise, even if i was dying to have it.

My guess, if you haven't ever done something like this before, it will probably take say 8-15 hours and if you arn't one who pays attention to detail, it would look worse than what you started with.

lashlee

Reaction score
We do katzkin leather kits at work, and adding heat isn't as bad as it seems. Talon is right that it's tough to break down the seats just to add it, but we do a whole interior in a days time. Thats recovering all the seats and adding the new leather inserts to the door and side panels.

If you just added it to the front seats, it may not be that bad.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
We do katzkin leather kits at work, and adding heat isn't as bad as it seems. Talon is right that it's tough to break down the seats just to add it, but we do a whole interior in a days time. Thats recovering all the seats and adding the new leather inserts to the door and side panels.

If you just added it to the front seats, it may not be that bad.

Yeah, exactly. I guess my real point was, for me, the price could be $100, or $0, and i still probably wouldn't do it until i recover my seats. Because i do plan to go leather, i will probably do it as it's cheap and i'm doing 99% of the work. But if i wasn't, i perosnally wouldn't ever concider doing it. Again, i live in cali. Plus, if you have old seat covers, it's going to be a real challege to get them to look right, like i said above.

Have you ever don heat in the backseats btw? One reason i plan to do this is just for the hope when i sell it, somebody thinks it dope. the switches look oem enough to integrate many places and still look stock so i was concidering this for the future.

lashlee

Reaction score
Most of the kits we do is mainly in the backrest. We worked on a new highlander today with some really cool switches, with a variable knob for the heat.

I'm like you, I'll do it eventually when I do leather, but it's not worth it until then!!!

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
just backrests? damn, if i was to do my seats, id do the bottoms, back, and the same thing in the backseat, haha. but like you guys, i wouldnt do it unless i recovered them. and i like the oem look, so id wanna keep it with the oem cloth, so it looks like id be SOL, hahah.

Neight

Reaction score
My buddy somehow picked up a canadian ex v6 accord that comes with heated seats....pretty cool when its cold outside. It also has DRLs and heated mirrors...too bad USDM accords didn't get those cool features till later on.

Back