93 Impreza Engine Swap

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
my friend has a 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD. it has the N/A motor. not sure which one. i was talking to his yesterday about giving me the car when he buys a new one and we were talking about swapping an engine into it.

does ANYONE have any useful links because NASIOC came up with nothing as well as ClubWRX.

info? comments? flames?

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
the thing i found is that they are a wiring nightmare and sounds like it would cost more than to buy a used STI

nyknick1015

Reaction score
how bout u just boost it... it cat be TOO far off from from a standard old school sti... besides the displacement... u can get near numbers... dont swap it... I would boost it, thats my opinion

The first one is a 95, 2nd is a 96 and the rest are 93's just to give u a little on what u can make of them
cl_grm_906.jpg

DSC00674.jpg

BEFORE
cl_grm_899.jpg

AFTER
cl_grm_902.jpg

this one is a bit much but u get my drift

Last edited:

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
It probably has the older EJ18, you can find a wrecked WRX and just swap everything from it, thats a turbo'd EJ20. You could also do an EJ25 n/a swap from a 2.5rs, and from what I have heard, the 2.5 will run just fine on a 1.8 ecu. With a car that light, the N/A 2.5 would be more than enough to make it move.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
when you guys say light, how light of a chassis are we talking about.
any ideas of ball park guesses on price?
i think if anything we'd do an EJ20T or a N/A EJ25
as far as the ECU if this is a swap then stock ecu is going to the junker for aftermarket tuning options.

d1blet

Reaction score
A stock GC8 2.5RS has a curb weight at about 2700-2800lbs.

That's about 500lbs less than my CG1 and more importantly, also 500lbs less than a GD8 STi.

You ought to check out East Coast Swappers who are renowned for swapping anything and everything in between Subies.

If I had the cash, I would dump a MY06 STi drivetrain into the GC and call it a day.

Back