How to get iPod cable through glovebox??

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
Recently I just won off ebay brand new, an Alpine CDA-9883 deck and also bought the optional cable for ipod compatibility. I read on the boards here some members have routed their iPod and AUX cables into the glove box.. How did you guys do that?? Did you drill a hole? Also, maybe instead of the glove box could I route it to the center console armrest? That actually seems like a better place. What did you guys do?

osiriskidd

Reaction score
decide where you what to mount it, drill a hole big enough.
(my friend used the piece that was given when you buy the ipod, then glued it flush) and routed it through there.

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
I just ran mine down to the lower part of the dash in front of the shifter real easy since its right below the radio. When its not plugged in I just tuck it out of the way.

TeeJ

Reaction score
Mines in a glovebox with a hole just big enough to fit the cable through. When its in the glovebox its out of sight so no one will steal it and you can control the ipod from the headunit. I'm not sure if the wire will be long enough to run to the armrest.

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
yea i put mines in the center console and ran the wire underneath and drilled a small hole hole on the bottom of the arm rest console and that part can pop off too

TeeJ

Reaction score
flip down the front of the dash that houses the radio climate controls and clock and and you'll be able to see where to drill and where not to.

Back