carbon fiber = rice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

osiriskidd

Reaction score
let's be honest, most people who buy CF don't buy it because it's light. its because their boyfriends tell them too.

moving on, who else feels that slapping on a cf hood, trunk, or anything without a "theme" type of thing going is a little ..overdone. rice maybe?

now, one of my friends brought up this interesting idea, tint overlay or a type of overlay/spray to cover up the CF from a distance. only visible when you get up close. imagine how clean that would look. i've been told it's achievable by tint paper+spray, or just candy color because it goes on clearer. imo this would be a lot cleaner than the 2tones.

not saying 2-tones are rice, just IMO it's overdone. like the JDM fad, shark bodykits...

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yea, my cf trunk and hood are rice. Don't look good or have any function at all.

Tinting or painting over CF so that it doesnt look like CF until you're right up on it isn't rice.

:bash:

osiriskidd

Reaction score
Yea, my cf trunk and hood are rice. Don't look good or have any function at all.

Tinting or painting over CF so that it doesnt look like CF until you're right up on it isn't rice.

:bash:

but most people buy cf because their buddies tell 'em to. i prefer to paint over my cf or tint it just because it looks a lot cleaner. it's fine if you slap it on a black or dark blue car, i'd still tint it then though.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you buy something b/c someone else told you to...

Grow a set of balls. Thats not why I purchased mine.

CHID0

Reaction score
What's the point of having carbon on a car that doesn't see a track and still has the full interior, other than aesthetic? 95% of people who slap a CF Hodd on their car is for looks. IMO if your gonna do something like that, the more contrast the better. Carbon looks best on lighter color cars, again, thats my opinion.
If you don't want to flash the carbon save money and get a fiberglass hood and be done with it....that way you can paint it whatever color you want and it still has the "weight saving" aspect.

Sakuradrops808B

Reaction score
I sold my cf hood because it didnt look clean as much as i have my stock hood and it was from an 98-00. If i had the 01-02 then i wouldve had it painted to match my car's paint. Although i can feel the lightness/effectiveness of it when for example merging to freeways and uphill driving and acceleration is alot faster. That's when i roll on 17" rims. FYI I have a torqueless 4cyl monster. But really it doesnt make any sense other than looks if you also have a big *** rims and full interior if youre going to the tracks. But seriously its kind of like give and take. You have a cf hood but you also have a heavy rims... so the initial weight of the car either increases or decreases realatively.

Last edited:

eDub

Reaction score
:) i used to be a carbon fiber fanatic but grew out of it. it only looks good on rice cars only imo! but painted fiberglass hoods, panels, etc is okay with me. Im leaning more on the grown and sexy/vip look :)

SC2JZ300

Banned
Reaction score
let's be honest, most people who buy CF don't buy it because it's light. its because their boyfriends tell them too.

moving on, who else feels that slapping on a cf hood, trunk, or anything without a "theme" type of thing going is a little ..overdone. rice maybe?

now, one of my friends brought up this interesting idea, tint overlay or a type of overlay/spray to cover up the CF from a distance. only visible when you get up close. imagine how clean that would look. i've been told it's achievable by tint paper+spray, or just candy color because it goes on clearer. imo this would be a lot cleaner than the 2tones.

not saying 2-tones are rice, just IMO it's overdone. like the JDM fad, shark bodykits...

Actually this has been done before, with the spraying over the CF, this fad was actually thought up before the whole spraying two tone over the carbon fiber with actual car color.

Its more on what people prefer, because once you slap on that CF hood and/or trunk youve already done the purpose of having one, and spraying it over is actually serving no purpose other than looks.

:) i used to be a carbon fiber fanatic but grew out of it. it only looks good on rice cars only imo! but painted fiberglass hoods, panels, etc is okay with me. Im leaning more on the grown and sexy/vip look :)

I am completely flaming on you, but for you honestly should have never worked on the Accord. Even if you use to be into CF that non drop look makes yourself look like a ricer, and now that you in the "sexy/VIP" look, you basically just wasted money.

SEXY/VIP look = No fake crome vented thingys on the fender that serves no purpose, no queer asss rims that are 17's, no egay headlights, stock color...sexy/vip standards are actual ballin pieces- nice rims, custom pieces, clean paint job, A DROP.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Sakuradrops808B

Reaction score

:)eyy wut up bruther! High Fivez!!!!:)

6genaccord

Reaction score
SEXY/VIP look = No fake crome vented thingys on the fender that serves no purpose, no queer asss rims that are 17's, no egay headlights, stock color...sexy/vip standards are actual ballin pieces- nice rims, custom pieces, clean paint job, A DROP.

I might have to agree with him there...

But also the definition of rice changes. To me, Fast&Furious is rice. A dropped car on OEM 18" Acura Rims, with a WW body kit and retrofitted headlights with a carbon fiber hood and trunk is STILL clean and NOT rice.
i.e. see dreman's car. clean as hell beautifully done. you're going to call that rice though...

Flame me for that opinion/disagreeing, but it seems people are trying to be "super elite" and labeling even milder modding as "rice" now. Eventually your opinion is going to be parallel with the law.... any modification is rice and shouldn't be done (unless you sneak in some engine mods that don't show on the outside) FMIC will be rice soon too and everyone will have side mount...
who knows in a year or two blackhoused headlights will be called rice and eyelids too (god forbid you have carbon fiber eyelids GTFO!!!)

i think whether or not a mod is rice especially pertaining to this thread, is intent. Just announcing "Carbon Fiber = Rice" doesn't work because is carbon fiber = rice?... No, carbon fiber is a light weight material that's stronger the fiber glass used in various applications. What you wanted to say was "Unpainted carbon fiber anywhere on a car = rice"

but everyone needs to get over the rice thing... unless your car looks like this

R2day.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back