Levi

Reaction score
Re: Russianred's 1999 Accord Sedan [LX DEP]! *PICS NO 56K*

looks good dude, just get sum springs and you'll be set

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Car is looking good so far. How did you like that megan racing strut bar? I'm thinking about getting one to tie together my front end. Shouldn't the letters be silver in the middle? That's how i've seen it on every website image showing them.
Also, did your Accord not have the bars from the strut towers that go to the firewall? The angle of the picture might just be hiding them from view but it looks like you don't have them.

Thanks man! I like that strut bar a lot, really stiffens it up on the corners, reducing roll. After having it for a while I don't notice as much anymore, but it resulted in brisk response.

I still have the firewall-to-tower bars in my parts bin, I just decided to take them off because my Megan strut bar wouldn't fit in addition to them when I was installing it.. not enough clearance to bolt it down. That could have also been because my frame is a little bent from a front end accident before I purchased my car? I don't know.. but when I installed the strut bar I needed to expand one of the holes to fit one of the bolts, as a result of the frame being just a little uneven.

Though now that you mention it, I may take some time and try reinstalling those small pieces because it should add more support, but I just remember it not fitting before.

pattywak

Reaction score

Hm, weird. I've seen a 6thgen with the MR front strut bar on along with the firewall-strut tower bars on....anyone know what's up with this?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Hm, weird. I've seen a 6thgen with the MR front strut bar on along with the firewall-strut tower bars on....anyone know what's up with this?

I've seen it done before as well my friend - I'm sure that it's just my uneven frame giving me problems. Bar height and OEM firewall/tower bars height were the same, so they would overlap and I didn't know how to remedy it so I installed the bar and took those other things off.

osiriskidd

Reaction score

nice car. but you need to fix that 4x4. if you're not autoXing, coilovers IMO are useless. good set of springs+struts will set you off.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

nice car. but you need to fix that 4x4. if you're not autoXing, coilovers IMO are useless. good set of springs+struts will set you off.

That's what I'm going to do probably once fate throws me a good deal at a time when I have some money.

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score

man i gotta do a members ride thread already...haha...looks nice bro....love the fogs..:thumbsup:

Back