f23a1 Eating Oil

6thgennoobie

Reaction score
I wasn't really sure if this should have went here or in the tech part, but with that said here is my dilemma. I have a f23a1 that is crushing oil probably a quart or more every 500 miles. I compression checked with 200 plus psi in each cylinder and leak down tested with nearly perfect results (yay me for a good valve job done (-: ) I also checked the pcv and hose from the cold ait intake to the valve cover and no oil was being sucked in through those hoses. When I did the head the first time it was pretty carboned up. With great compression and awesome leak down results the only other thing I have reached for a possibility is a crack some where in the top of the head allowing oil into the intake???? Also just an fyi when I burnt my valves it was on this same cylinder... Any other suggestions or ideas would be appreciated

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
a crack in the head would allow oil to get into your cooling system

is your coolant milky?

6thgennoobie

Reaction score
no oil in the coolant. it appears to be going in to the intake than the motor but def in the number three cylinder for sure

chaby_91

Reaction score
A compression test checks your compression rings. It doesn't check the wiper and oil rings

6thgennoobie

Reaction score
How are you driving? Bc vtec burns oil when driven hard. Just a thought.

I don't drive it that hard....vtec burns oil even when they are running right?

accord786 do you have a clue whats wrong with yours that is about how much mine conumes

Back