Intake question

Mrspeedster

Reaction score
On my intake I don't see a sensor plunged into the side of the stock intake. Does this mean if I buy a after market one it won't sense the new air flow cause of the lack of sensor? Or does it reset when you unplug the battery for 5 mins?

Mrspeedster

Reaction score
Is that the sensor? Do I have to have the battery unplugged for a lil for it to reset? Will I get more power with a CAI? Peeps were saying you get less torque in 2nd gear. 01' Accord Coupe V6.

SilverAggie

Reaction score
I have a 99 Sedan V6 and mine has a sensor up before you get to the throttle body. Thats the only sensor. I have AEM CAI and there aren't really noticeable gains as far as HP. Acceleration is a bit quicker. It's been so long since it was stock I can't remember the torque in 2nd compared to factory. Others on the site say that the Short Ram has better gains though.

Mrspeedster

Reaction score
I'm freakin confused. Where is the sensor in my car? Is it not on my intake? Do I have to unplug the battery for 5 mins to reset the computer? A pic would be great! Thanks

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
I'm freakin confused. Where is the sensor in my car? Is it not on my intake? Do I have to unplug the battery for 5 mins to reset the computer? A pic would be great! Thanks

its on the throttle body, you have nothing to worry about. you can just put on the intake and connect that one hose from the valve cover to it, and youll be fine. yes, imo, you should still reset the ecu so you car can adjust to the increased airflow.

Also what is this hydrolock stuff? Do I have to worry about that?

its when you suck up water thru the intake and into the motor. it will most likely blow your motor if it was to happen. the only way to really do that tho is to put the entire filter in water. just dont be stupid and go charing thru big *** puddles on your intake side....if you have a cold air intake. aem makes a bypass that you put somewhere along the intake tube, and its just a foam circular filter so that incase you do submerge your normal filter, the air should get sucked thru the bypass.

with a short ram intake set up, you dont really need to worry about hydrolocking.

Mrspeedster

Reaction score
Is this something I can do myself without a socket set? I know I have to take out the stock air box. The bolt is halfway behind this plastic piece. Should I get someone on craigslist or something to help me? And do you get any more power with the CAI vs the short ram?

Back