Wheel Fitment Thread

Siccsyde

Reaction score
Got a 01 coupe about a month ago gonna pick up a set of 16inch dtm rims wondering what's a good size tire for it I'm dropping 1.5-2 inches a out a week before I buy the rims and don't mind rolling the fenders if needed just want to eliminate most of the gap

Shadow1

Reaction score
Got a 01 coupe about a month ago gonna pick up a set of 16inch dtm rims wondering what's a good size tire for it I'm dropping 1.5-2 inches a out a week before I buy the rims and don't mind rolling the fenders if needed just want to eliminate most of the gap

I'll post before someone else does.

Everyone is gonna tell you ditch the 16s. If they have good specs(16x8 or 9) then you'll be fine. But your not gonna be able to pull them off unless your slammed. A 1.5-2in drop won't cut it.

nwcg3

Reaction score
Im about 24hrs away from buying a set of 17x8 +47 Work Emotion CR.

Ive looked at the stock TL wheels that are 17x8 +45 and other members say they fit the CG3 coupe, flawlessly.

I want to know if the Work wheels will fit. I am only talking 2 mm, but i fear I will be super tight to the strut housing.

I dont mind pulling and rolling etc, I just don;t want them knocking the struts. I also dont mind the wheels poking out.

Spacers?

I am at stock height.

I have searched this 173 pg thread for over a month with no luck :doh:

Thanks in advance!!

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
With all do respect....

Are you retarded? Why would possible think something that small would come close to messing with the struts or towers? And you're on stock suspension... Mega fail coming up.

And you say you've searched.. Bringing me back to my question, and I do mean with all do respect, are you retarded?

nwcg3

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I'll take that as a "they fit" reply.

Just when I thought the internet was a cool place again...

Go Terrapins!

Last edited:

truWarier02

Reaction score
If anything, spacers can always be added. Just get the wheels and call it a day.

You should lower your car though.

nwcg3

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I'll get some spacers. I do have amr coils on the way so it should be a piece of cake

Cheers

nwcg3

Reaction score
Just remember if you get anything bigger than a 5mm (or 10mm, can't remember) spacer, you need extended studs to use them.

Its funny you say that. i bought ARP extended studs about a year ago and I have them laying in my closet. I might run it by my buddies shop, hopefully it wont take to long to replace all the hub assemblies since I believe thats what needs to happen to fit the extended studs. or I can repress the bearings, but id rather just buy new stuff. Going to be a track car so might as well upgrade where i can

Thanks for the input everyone

Cheers!

Back