Radiators?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
You could ask Hguzman about his, he fit a s2k Mishimoto into his V6, with a very slight modification. Might be an option for you.

I want one but they're like $300, and mine works fine right now.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Yeah it would be easy to make some mounting brackets for the radiator from Home Depot / Lowes etc.

H22 26.31 x 13.75
F23 26.75" x 14.75

That is really close.

You should also try Prelude Radiators and 5th gen radiators.

s2k = 26.8" x 20.1" x 2.55" which seems way to tall for it to fit without a lot of modifications.

I'm sure the J30 radiator is bigger than the F23 which is why he can rock an S2k radiator. If you mounted the s2k radiator you'd have to have an extra 5-6 inches of clearance since the F23 radiator has a height of 14.75 inches and the s2k has a height of 20.1 inches. So unless you magically lowered the frame some how that supports the radiator to clear it aint happening.

All you would have to do with the H22 is MAYBE make custom radiator stays from home depot to make up for the inch loss from 14.75 inch height to 13.75 inch height.

I would go with an H22 since they obviously don't mass produce aftermarket aluminum quality racing radiators.

Last edited:

hotaccord243

Reaction score
I think the H22 option is the bestption, you can always have someone fab up a polished/metal bracket for you that's bent at two 45 degree angles to make up the height difference no problem.

I've been looking iinto options of a half size double thick radiator and just fabbing up some custom brackets and stays. I think the only thing that is really key (besides the brackets) is the upper/lower coolant hose inlet/outlet locations and if the within a reasonable distance and correct side is really the main factor really

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
And you could find longer or custom length tubing if needed.

Email mishimoto and theyll make custom stays.

I voTe h22

Chris Vu

Reaction score
I just took a look at an h22 mishimoto radiator and things look promising. the hoses look like they're in the same positions except for the AC ones .. I'm meeting up with theguy on Monday after work.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
dunno, but I'm starting my boost setup so I figured I might aswell step up the cooling too.the mishimoto cooling fans for the h22 radiators also cost an arm and one testicle.

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Well I can tell you, that i'm running OEM radiator and OEM fans, and have no problems at all, besides the normal problems that I would have even if I wasn't boosted. There's really no need to change out the cooling system except for a few factors : looks nicer, and more room in the engine bay.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
HGuzman used flexible hoses, I don't think there was anything done to the rad to make it fit, other than using the S2K rad stays.

Obviously, it would help if he chimed in to confirm, though.

Back