Derek's 2002 Coupe EX (5MT)

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Re: phi1542's 02 Coupe EX

Yes I don't :) I'm super impatient and I want everything done asap LOL my priority right now is to get the main stuff on and get it on the road. Paint will have to wait since I spent a lot on parts and labor. Just doing the important stuff first haha
Yeah, safety first then cosmetics next. I want some repainting jobs done, too, but all these parts replacements makes me so behind on cosmetics here haha. Keep up the good work, man. Let's rock the 6.5gen SSM Coupe Club!

phi1542

Reaction score

Yeah, safety first then cosmetics next. I want some repainting jobs done, too, but all these parts replacements makes me so behind on cosmetics here haha. Keep up the good work, man. Let's rock the 6.5gen SSM Coupe Club!
Yeah I feel you man. Still lots more to be done before I even think about paint... :(

Let's rock it bro! My car isn't that clean yet but just wait... haha

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

phi1542

Reaction score

That's a sick garage!! Cars looking good
Thanks! That's my friends shop haha

So today I started doing my retros. Didn't get very far. Anyone know how to trim and mount the E46 shrouds on h1 mini? I'd like to know how before I screw up haha so far the car has been cool. Still getting used to manual. At the moment I have the 5 Lug swap, coilovers, leather interior, s2k ap1 steering wheel, full audio system, led interior/exterior/dash, etc. Updated with mod list. I also have not gotten the RL BBK in yet. This BBK has been a total pain in the *** for me and it's just a nightmare. Current having an issue with one piston. I already bought a new one for $60 and I guess the guy who rebuilt my calipers had to push in the piston and it didn't go in all the way. Assuming there is resistance something is wrong with the cylinder since the piston should slide in easily. I have to get it taken apart and machine the cylinder so the piston will slide in and probably another piston if it got damaged forcing it in. Which is gonna cost some money for machine work and what not. If it can't be machined to fit because it may have gotten warped when heated for the powder coat I'm screwed so hard..... so yeah that's how life has been lol

phi1542

Reaction score

That sux dude hopefully it's ok it don't sound good though
Thanks. I like the car and all but it's been a nightmare. Problem after problem. I couldn't even take off the spacer without something going wrong! Ended up having to hack off and destroy a spacer in the front. So the pair is now useless. Just tossed 135 in the trash lmao

Here's my progress on the retros with the help of my dad and his power tools. At least it's going smoothly with this so far haha

6e2322bc096d52f6e6293ffe1d60b120.jpg

Also here's what my calipers look like :) I really hope these can still be repaired because it cost a pretty penny for that project....

44abb1f4ce161136393b5fae49e793a5.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Retrofit looks good so far. Too bad you couldn't cut the nut off the spacer.

604ACCORD

Reaction score

Retro looks awesome!! I've been eyeing up that brake mod where did you get the brackets to mount the caliper?

604ACCORD

Reaction score

Thanks for the link.. For some reason it doesn't list for 2nd gen TL but all the CL's are there I think they are the same though.

Back