1998-2002 Accord Suspension List

heyoJseries

Reaction score
Thanks RR! I think Ill just go wiht the FF1 for peace of mind. and i love your car!

pgv247

Reaction score
I know. I want to keep on the 1500-2000$ range hopefully that's enough any recommendations ?

NWDAPPERACCORD

LouisLV_

Reaction score
noob question...

on page 1 it says *Shocks are pared with either springs or coilover sleeves, those options are further down*

my question is, what combinations do you guys recommend or have right now? also, do you HAVE to buy them separate or are there full kits available with both shocks and springs/sleeves?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Common springs used include H&R Sport/Race, Eibach Pro Kit/Sportline, and others by Neuspeed, Tanabe, etc etc. Common shocks are Koni Sport (Yellows), Tokico Illumnas/Blues, KYB AGX, etc etc. Most common coilover sleeves are probably Ground Control.

Many combinations are possible, just depends on wheel size, what you want to do with the car, desired ride comfort level, and desired ride height flexibility. You can choose from full coilovers, shock and spring combo, or shock and coilover sleeve combo.

Some setups come fully assembled, others don't. Some people mix and match components. It's all personal preference.

LouisLV_

Reaction score
Common springs used include H&R Sport/Race, Eibach Pro Kit/Sportline, and others by Neuspeed, Tanabe, etc etc. Common shocks are Koni Sport (Yellows), Tokico Illumnas/Blues, KYB AGX, etc etc. Most common coilover sleeves are probably Ground Control.

Many combinations are possible, just depends on wheel size, what you want to do with the car, desired ride comfort level, and desired ride height flexibility. You can choose from full coilovers, shock and spring combo, or shock and coilover sleeve combo.

Some setups come fully assembled, others don't. Some people mix and match components. It's all personal preference.

thanks for answering so fast! I simply want a comfortable ride and a decent drop (not trying to slam) all whilst not breaking the bank lol. I plan on getting 17in rims (whistlers or rota's) for my 00' ex coupe. This will be my daily driver also

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The thing w/shocks and springs is if you lower on springs that give the same drop front and rear, then you need shocks with adjustable perches (search “boat look”) to drop the front lower than rear. These shocks will run you a little more money. Or if you lower on springs that give a bigger drop in front, then you can go with shocks that do not have adjustable height, which are cheaper. Most people recommend full coilover systems, that or a shock with coilover sleeves are great options. Shock and springs combos ride well, but don’t allow much in the way of flexibility. You never know if you’ll switch up wheels, want to go lower, etc…

Tein would also be a good option for you.

Suspension is one mod you do not want to cheap out on. Everyone will say spend the money and do it right the first time.

cg4

Reaction score
How sure can i be that all 6gen suspensions are interchangeable?
Maybe you meant all USDM models?
I can't find coilovers for CG4, but i found a set for CL1 (JDM type R) locally, i would prefer not to ship from states in case i have to return/replace them.
Closest i found so far is this http://www.bc-racing.co.uk/applications/honda-coilovers.html

What bothers me is they have separate listings for CL1 (JDM) and separate for CG1/2/3/5 (USA), which excludes CG4 (EDM). I will try to find CG3 locally, think i saw one in junkyard, see if there are any major differences, i probably wont be able to locate CL1/CH1 so not sure should i buy the CL1 set...

Back