Best coilovers for my wants

Geewiz

Reaction score
So I read If you had a chance to do it again... and saw many many options.

AMRs, JIC Magics, FF Type 2.5, KSport Pros, etc.

Trying to see what is best for my wants:

• first off, i have a sedan with a sub box with 3 amps attached with two 12in subs. not REAL heavy but wanting to take into account
  • xwheels: VELOCITY VW035 17x7 with 35 offset
  • wanting 1.75-2 inch drop (not slamming, but may roll fenders later).
  • a bit stiffer suspension for improved handling/cornering but the car is my DD and want comfort for long distance. My a$$ can take a bit more stiffness than stock but comfort wanted
  • good camber adjustment built in probably so no need for camber kit
  • good range of height and preload adjustment

Thanks, this is my first thread question:147703263745b138a51
so sorry if it's n00bish in anyway though i have read other threads, just being thorough.

...and yes, my signature is distracting/immature. just til I get Member's Ride thread going and pics of my car!

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
What's your budget? Considering you'll be DDing the car, you'll want quality parts, so I would suggest JICs or AMRs, but if you're set on a low budget I'd suggest Ground Controls and Koni Yellows. They'll perform just as well as the F2's, plus the Konis have a lifetime warranty, which is perfect for a DD car.

Geewiz

Reaction score
i thought Ksports did?

although those dont fit under the hood properly haha

you're right about the KSports, but I believe there's no camber for our model citing this: http://www.octanemotorsports.com/Su...Damper-Coilovers/product_info.html#googlebase
iHazSnail has them. What do you do about the hood clearance issue? I have a CF OEM coupe hood on my sedan. (Getting ready to do the 01-02 bumper conversion since current bumper has a crack and i already have the fogs ordered for the coupe bumper).

From what I know there is enough stock ways to adjust camber that it's not really an alignment issue at only 2 inches. I have a place called The Alinement Shop I'll have them tell me after I put it on and go for an alignment anyways.

If I'd say a budget I'd say 1200. I can go more if it's really worth it but if I can go less for same, totally! Is there much of a difference between durability/ridability, such as the difference in KSports being <$900 and AMRs being >$1400? Obviously worth it if Ksport has a chance of failure and AMR actually having a life warranty.

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
Correct. There is no camber adjustment on our struts without a separate camber kit. That is universal for all double wishbone suspension.

Geewiz

Reaction score
Anyone who has gotten AMRs, what do they do in the customization of them building them for you? Do you choose your front and rear spring weight?

Accord_V6_400m

Reaction score
Anyone who has gotten AMRs, what do they do in the customization of them building them for you? Do you choose your front and rear spring weight?

I suppose you can, most people go with Andy's recomendation of either 8/6 or 10/8. I went with the 10/8 and love them :D
Kevin (Sleeper_cell) went with 14/12 I believe since he's slamming his car and needs the sTifFeSt springs haha.

AMR's have great shocks, very well built and designed. Not harsh at all, but great grip.

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
Obviously worth it if Ksport has a chance of failure and AMR actually having a life warranty.

yeah, where was KSports failing ever mentioned?

flawed reasoning there..

and what on earth is this hood clearance issue you're talking about?

Back