02 Turbonetics kit need some freakin help here

splash02

Reaction score
Alright I'm def new here so I hope this ? hasn't been already dealt with yet. Well I have a 02 dx sedan. Found a great deal on two turbonetics kits, one of them listed as p/n15109 states its for a dx f23a5 coupe which prob would work but it's listed (on numerous sites around the web) as 98-01 so does anybody know if this kit will work or not being that i have an 02 and if not what do I have to do to make it work. The second kit is p/n 15110 which is 98-01 sedan but for the ex/lx f23a1, the only thing that I can think of why it won't work is vtec but I really don't think the kit has anything to do with the vtech system. As for the 98-01 I ran into a problem simlar to this awhile back, I bought an accel coil and on the application list it had 98-01 accord dx so I figured well mine's an 02 it should work but it didn't because the distributor is different for some reason. I don't know if that's why they only listed the turbo kits till 01 or not. Thanks in advance for helping out the new guy!!!

iHazSnail

Reaction score
did you call the company(s) to check availability first? When i called no one had it since turbonetics stopped making them. Anyways a turbokit is not a coil pack it should work but you should check with turbonetics

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
a5 has a different head from the a1.... u could get teh f23a5 kit, but u need to source a f23a1 turbo manifold

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
another WI peep zomg :aznrun:

i dont see why the 02 would be any different. the f23a1/4 have different distributors and belts vs the f23a5, but why would honda change the a5 in its last year of US production? :eh:

give them a call and see what they say...

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Manifold design is the same. It'll bolt up fine, as far as wiring and electronics go though, you're kinda on your own. Don't think many have turbo'd the a5.

splash02

Reaction score
thanks for all responses so far, as for turbonetics they were the first i called when i found the kit and after sitting on hold for 45 min and going back and forth through the menus i finally got a hold of tech support and they guy had no idea at all and said they don't give tech support for discontinued kits... in short he sucked and had no idea what he was talking about, waited a few days called back and got the same freaking guy

IWIBA: yeah the a5 is non-vtec

S1n1sTeR: found a company that has both in stock

iHazSnail

Reaction score
who is it? because i pretty much called every single company that had it still listed and they all said "not anymore"
man will i be ticked off if that is true =x

splash02

Reaction score
well if you think about it when you buy a header there isn't really a choice for weather or not you have a dx/ex/lx/se so i'm pretty sure they are the same. Checked the online honda catolog (i work at an acura dealership) and there are like 4 different distributors for 98-02 accord 4cyl, hopefully i won't have any problems but if i do it sould be a simple fix of getting a different distributor. Ordered the kit last week sould be here sometime soon will post pics as soon as i get it.

Back