Spent Some Cash, Got Some Stuff... need help also

david5788

Reaction score
okay its been a while but i just got around to taking pics. i got some type r rims for the ek9, and a mugen vis hardtop for the ap2

also i stripped the ek9 interior and painted it all white so its nice, clean and new

got the top off some member on s2ki.com painted berlina black with the rear window area left carbon fiber. super light!

check it out
DSC01301.jpg

DSC01302.jpg

DSC01299.jpg

DSC01300.jpg

DSC01304.jpg

DSC01303.jpg

and now onto my problem, my ek9 has been burning oil a lot, no leaks anywhere, but the oil gets burned like crazy. also when vtec engages for the civic @ 6500 there is black smoke in the rear. is it my driving style or maybe gsr motors are suppose to be like that?? its a b18c1 all stock. please help
also my oil cap is cracked could that be the problem?

here is a pic
DSC01297.jpg

inspired1

High Society
Reaction score
yea, you could be spraying oil around when you hit Vtec. LOL That happened to my friend's DB8 and another friend's DA8.

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
First off, you are one baller *** mother****er.

Second, get the oilcap fixed and then go from there.

david5788

Reaction score
yea, you could be spraying oil around when you hit Vtec. LOL That happened to my friend's DB8 and another friend's DA8.

there is no oil spray in the engine bay it all just goes out the exhaust, even when i start the car in the morning it gets my garage door.

here is a pic
DSC01306.jpg

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
u're like teh gilbert of norcal :poke:

all cars look clean as fawk :boink: as for the oil, i have no idea...

DrOwZee

Reaction score
lookn clean man! real clean unlike some most of em ek's out there

Kyleelder

Reaction score
My accord was doing that too.Had bad rings in one cylinder causing it to spit hella oil out the exhaust..I'm swapping motors right now.

david5788

Reaction score
My accord was doing that too.Had bad rings in one cylinder causing it to spit hella oil out the exhaust..I'm swapping motors right now.

ohhh snap. i hope that is not the problem . but from the looks of it i think its internal issues. ill take more pics of the ek9 and ap2. its in the garage now and its hella hot out.

sw2oboi

Reaction score
sounds like the piston rings are on its way out. Do you feel any loss of power?Getting a compresion check is a good start and if those rings are bad, a rebuilt with type r pistons wont hurt :thumbsup:

Back