No Crank, No Start. But eventually starts problem.

jeepinjosh

Reaction score
This problem started yesterday. I went to start my 2000 Honda Accord 2.3L with 165k miles on it. First time I tried, it just made the clicking sound. I turned the key again, and it fired up. I checked the battery cables for corrosion and tightness. I also replaced the starter fuse. Same problem still occurring.

I've replaced the battery and alternator over the past 4-5 months. Not sure if I have a deeper electrical issue at hand, or this is unrelated. I do have an oil leak, which appears to be coming from the valve cover. Is it possible oil leaked onto the starter or ground?

I do have a video of me today trying to start it, but as you see it eventually starts up.

Since I'm a new member, I can't post links. You can search on YouTube for my name, 97TJosh, and it will be my newest video on my channel.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
check your ground wires... sounds like the connection is iffy

jeepinjosh

Reaction score
Although the ground on the starter itself didn't seem loose, I was able to tighten it slightly. Now, after a few days and many start ups, I haven't had a starting issue. I guess that solved the problem? Thanks for the help all!

Back