Service Time issue

datechboss101

Reaction score
WARNING: THIS MIGHT BE A RANT....

So, as you all have known, I have a made a post of how the local dealer hit my car and sent it to the shop.... Fast forward 11 days later, and I still don't have my car back, and its extremely close to my 18th birthday and I want my car back so I can enjoy my life and my car. Few days ago, I got a new HCU and radiator hoses from CHH that I need to replace, but I don't have my car. Earlier today, I called the dealer, and apparently that (SON OF THE MOTHER WHO CAME FROM THE UNDERWORLD) took the day off, which just increased my anger and impatience. Clearly, it shouldn't take more than a (INSERT WORD HERE) week to fix the front bumper, unless they screwed up other components of the car. And on top of this, I am getting sick and tired of driving crossovers (to name a few, the CRV and Rogue) and want to be back into a sedan, (my accord).

Guys, is it common for a repair shop to take roughly more than a week to repair/repaint the entire front bumper? I clearly didn't ask the shop to repaint the entire car with a different color, and if I did, I'd know how long it should take (max. 1 week). I may end up taking legal actions against the dealer if the odo shows more than 5 miles when I dropped her off (mileage, when dropped off, was 112,684). And clearly, I cannot get another parking lot sticker for the Rogue, at my school because of rules and protocols and policies and whatnot, which is understandable, as the school wants students to be safe and focus on studies.

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Well, what you're missing is the dealership body shop doesn't work on weekends. Add in a holiday (it may or not be observed), and you've lost 3 of the 11 days. This means they are at 8 business days. Can the job still be done in that time frame...yes. Will it be... probably not. Body shops work at their own pace. You might have 3 or 5 cars ahead of you in line, which means yours is getting a wall job until someone is available to actually work on it. Keep in mind that even IF someone is actually working on it, they're only putting in limited hours, due to the way body shops work (chemicals have to do their job). Plus most body guys are usually working on 2 or 3 vehicles at a time. This doesn't even count if they're purchasing any replacement parts (which they might be waiting on).

You could try calling them, and see if they are done, or almost done. If you have to, threaten with a lawyer, and see what that gets you (probably not much). If your dad stopped by and complained, he might get some action.

Last edited:

datechboss101

Reaction score
Well, what you're missing is the dealership body shop doesn't work on weekends. Add in a holiday (it may or not be observed), and you've lost 3 of the 11 days. This means they are at 8 business days. Can the job still be done in that time frame...yes. Will it be... probably not. Body shops work at their own pace. You might have 3 or 5 cars ahead of you in line, which means yours is getting a wall job until someone is available to actually work on it. Keep in mind that even IF someone is actually working on it, they're only putting in limited hours, due to the way body shops work (chemicals have to do their job). Plus most body guys are usually working on 2 or 3 vehicles at a time. This doesn't even count if they're purchasing any replacement parts (which they might be waiting on).

You could try calling them, and see if they are done, or almost done. If you have to, threaten with a lawyer, and see what that gets you (probably not much). If your dad stopped by and complained, he might get some action.
It would've been nice if they gave me updates on the progress of my car, that way I won't beach about the long time frame. They do work on Saturdays, as its the dealer's workshop. Plus, I'd been happy if they just got a new front bumper for me, color matched.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yeah, i wouldn't go crazy and start throwing around threats and lawyers and all that. maybe after a few weeks or maybe a month, but not a week. they have more work to do than repainting your front bumper. it does suck being without a car, i just was for a little over a week haha, but they'll get to it. i'd say if you don't hear from them this week, give them a call on monday and, like said above, calmly ask them for an update. this situation will be behind you before you know it, so don't stress yourself about it too much.

datechboss101

Reaction score
yeah, i wouldn't go crazy and start throwing around threats and lawyers and all that. maybe after a few weeks or maybe a month, but not a week. they have more work to do than repainting your front bumper. it does suck being without a car, i just was for a little over a week haha, but they'll get to it. i'd say if you don't hear from them this week, give them a call on monday and, like said above, calmly ask them for an update. this situation will be behind you before you know it, so don't stress yourself about it too much.
Well the lawyers part, is only if they added additional miles on my car and stole anything (my GPS) from there. Plus, the SA is pain in the rear end, with his attitude. I'll call later today to get an update on my car. And it does suck to not have it... will give an update if any of those SA is available.

datechboss101

Reaction score
A lil update for ya'll: I might be picking up my Accord today and found out that lying a whole got fired from the dealer.

datechboss101

Reaction score
I got my baby back today... this is the best birthday week ever, [emoji3][emoji3]..

However, the looser who took my car to and frok the body shop added 40 miles to the mileage, so the SA and another SA said that they are going to fill up the gas for my car.
64f8cd190d316b3d029de5421ff8d542.jpg
807853ddf00e1dd3b2de15c8b60845b0.jpg

KONG

Reaction score
Nice to hear that you got your car back. :driving:
I got my baby back today... this is the best birthday week ever, [emoji3][emoji3]..
However, the looser who took my car to and frok the body shop added 40 miles
How far was the body shop !?

Happy Birthday. :party28:

Back