Designing a lip kit for my wife's Sedan

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Like I said.. aesthetic touch-up and styling to smooth out the rough bulky edges. That's design. That's skill. That's why Wings-West is Wings-West.. not just for the name (same with any reputable kit manufacturer - Kaminari, Erebuni, Sarona, etc.). It' a science.

I love the initiative though, if this was actually finalized and smoothed out in design, and mass produced.. Would be sick, that's for sure.

Last edited:

joshism

Reaction score
Like I said.. aesthetic touch-up and styling to smooth out the rough bulky edges. That's design. That's skill. That's why Wings-West is Wings-West.. not just for the name (same with any reputable kit manufacturer - Kaminari, Erebuni, Sarona, etc.). It' a science.

I love the initiative though, if this was actually finalized and smoothed out in design, and mass produced.. Would be sick, that's for sure.

Do you mean make the edges by the "tips" rounder, or the "side" edges? The reason why the lines are sharp is because the trends seem to go that way. Back in the early 90's, every car had a round-ish design. There were no sharp lines. About 96 is when the cars first started to have sharp designs. BMW is a good example of using sharp and well defined edges on the side. Every concave curve is rounded, but every convex curve is sharpened with a defined line. So that's why I made the lines sharp. But if I do start an ebay business, I'll probably give people what they want, and do a rounded one and a sharp edged one. As for lowering the car, I'll let people do that on their own. But for an advertisement, I'll probably have one lowered. My sister and brother-in-law are really encouraging me to start this because they've seen what I've made in the past. But my wife and parents discourage me about this, so that's why I haven't really gotten off my butt. As soon as I finish painting and buffing my mom's car, I'll get off my butt.

DSC02259question.jpg

Last edited:

CHID0

Reaction score
That photoshop is damn good.
I think the kit flares a bit much though for my liking. Kind of like the origin kits and version select kit for drifters.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
DSC02259question.jpg

The whole line in red is too sharp for the whole length of that sideskirt. It would be better if it was rounded into the flare. Hard to explain. The lower part of what you marked green as well - see that sharp vertical edge? It sticks out and doesn't flow with the curves. There's gotta be some curvaceous theme for the whole skirt, the same for front and rear lips individually, and not only that - they gotta flow all together as a kit perfectly. Really hard to explain, but if I had a paper and pencil, more motivation, and much more time, I could probably sketch something out.

Yours looks good. Play around with some distortion effects, or smudge/stretch effects, just to give it some definition, nothing too drastic. Just experiment a bit.

joshism

Reaction score
That photoshop is damn good.
I think the kit flares a bit much though for my liking. Kind of like the origin kits and version select kit for drifters.

Something that also inspired me with the flares and sharp edges, is the Audi R8's side, curves and edges.

joshism

Reaction score
DSC02259question.jpg

The whole line in red is too sharp for the whole length of that sideskirt. It would be better if it was rounded into the flare. Hard to explain. The lower part of what you marked green as well - see that sharp vertical edge? It sticks out and doesn't flow with the curves. There's gotta be some curvaceous theme for the whole skirt, the same for front and rear lips individually, and not only that - they gotta flow all together as a kit perfectly. Really hard to explain, but if I had a paper and pencil, more motivation, and much more time, I could probably sketch something out.

Yours looks good. Play around with some distortion effects, or smudge/stretch effects, just to give it some definition, nothing too drastic. Just experiment a bit.

If I actually make it, it will be rounded and smoothed out similar to the coupe's OEM lip kit

98acclude

Reaction score
I think it looks really good I'd actually think about getting this kit also... I think the green area needs to be just slightly reduced... it looks awesome keep up the good work! I'll definately be checking back on this.. Also highfive on the ballin photoshop skills!

DrOwZee

Reaction score
looks like a mugen xenon hybrid. looks good though. the sideskirts looks alil blocky. maybe some waves to it or round it out a bit.

as for you pursuing the ebay business; maybe make a couple, and sell it on here first to see if there's interest, and if there is, then you can mass produce it and start your ebay business.

but yea KUDOS man, great work. hope everything goes well

Back