THE Exhaust Review Thread

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
Brand & model: OBX-R Forza HR02 Harpoon Style Muffler

Price paid and from where: $60 shipped from ebay

Pros: SUPER SUPER Deep growl at low RPMs. At high RPMs you could barely hear it. Little or no Highway drone. Super deep tone on a cold start.

Cons: i mistakingly ordered the wrong muffler and got the 3" inlet for turbo cars.
otherwise some dirt got on it and now its dirty, seems like the dirt boded with the hot muffler.

Final verdict: i love it, great muffler for the price. will buy again except the right size.

itzcharlie

Reaction score
Brand & model:Tanabe Hyper Medallion Catback
Price paid and from where:450ish
Pros:has a nice deep tone great design.. doesnt drone much
Cons: didnt think it be that big/ its kinda loud but this could be a pro for some
Final verdict: great catback and and i got for a hell of a price well worth the money

Crimzon

Reaction score
Brand & model: Dual "Stealth" mufflers, supposedly made by Aero. Costom exhaust from the cat back with 2 1/4" piping, sliced off the resonator and pre-muffler.
Price paid and from where: $400 at a local shop
Pros: Nice deep yet subtle tone, exactly what I was going for originally. Noticeable power gain in VTEC rpm range.
Cons: Drones a little on the highway
Final Verdict: The mufflers look stock; originally I wanted to keep it looking OEM and low key, but recently decided that I like the big huge dual cannon mufflers on our cars lol. Also a bit leary about going with an off brand, but the guy at the exhaust shop swore the Stealth is just like the Magnaflow but he liked it better because the Magnaflows have some weak spot where they tend to rot. Overall I'm satisfied with it.

ilovevtec951

Reaction score
Brand & model: Es tunning

Price paid and from where: 40 buks of craigslist

Pros: nice deep sound and looks stock no more cops harasing u for modified exausst

Cons: didint fine any sounded great especially when Vtaakkkk kiked in

Final verdict: couldnt get anything better for the price very happy and i recived alot of compliments on it

TUBHMOOBVAJ

Reaction score
Brand: Apexi WS2 Catback exhaust

Price and where: $503.00 from www.racinglab.com

Pros: Sounds super good, similar to a stock exhaust for the Nissan 350z. When you accelerate or idle, that's the only time you will notice the deep sound otherwise once you maintain a steady speed you barely hear anything.

Cons: For my system, the hangers on the muffler was welded off a bit which when I mount the muffler, it's not level horizontal perfectly. Also it's big and shinny drawing a lot of attention.

Final verdict: I love it and worth the money. No weed whacker sound at all.

98acclude

Reaction score
Brand & model: Apexi World Sport 1

Price paid and from where:190 from here (accord02se)

Pros: not as big as WS2, deep sound at lower rpms then engine is heard over the exaust at higher rpms... definately can tell a difference from stock accord exaust w/ H22 vs ws1 w/ h22.. gets threw the lower rpms much quicker and vtec pulls harder

Cons: nothing big, was used, discontinued, and turns a goldish color after getting hot

Final verdict: definately worth every penny... just what I was looking for in an exaust looks great performs well... money well spent

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Brand & model:
OBX-R Headers to 2 1/5 inch mid pipe to OEM catylitic converter to 3inch piping axel back to Magnaflow 3inch inlet / 4inch outlet muffler
Price paid and from where:
Summitracing.com - Magnaflow Muffler $120
538hg3.jpg

OBX-R Headers - Around $350 off Ebay :haysm9:
2.5inch to Cat then 3inch to muffler mandrel bent piping - Done at a muffler shop so I don't really remember the price.

Pros: Awesome sound Low and a very throaty tone:lawl:, noticeable power increase, awesome quality
Cons: Minor drone - but that's not a bad thing to me.
Final verdict: I love every part of my exhaust that I peiced together. I've had it for years and nothing has gone wrong from the headers to the muffler :) I love the way my exhaust sounds and here is a video of my exhaust from an outside perspective + 6 speed

Last edited:

turboaccord98

Reaction score
Brand Model: Buddy Club Prospec 3
Price paid: $750 I believe
Pros: Sounds great, very light weight for stainless steel
Cons: Durability was not up to par
Verdict: Nice sounding, nice looking exhaust but build qaulity is poor I wouldn't get it again.

ZsleepizeZ

Reaction score
Brand & model: HKS super dragger axlebacks
Price paid and from where: 240 (local)
Pros: has a really nice sound and quiet. does not hang too low.
Cons: drone a bit much inside the car.
Final Verdict: a nice axleback back for the price

Last edited:

jwong512

Reaction score
Brand & model: DC Sports Ceramic Coated Header 4-2-1
Price paid and from where: $100, Craigslist
Pros: Gave me a bit more torque throughout the powerband. It's more noticeable when going up a hill. Also gives a deeper and less whiney tone to the car when driving.
Cons: None, it was a good deal for the price
Final Verdict: If you can get a good deal on this header, then I would jump on it right away. It is definitely worth it and it is CARB certified so you won't run into any problems with smog checks.

Back