THE Auto Detailing Product and Equipment Thread

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Product: P21S Gel Wheel Cleaner

p21swg.jpg

Product Description (From DetailedImage Site):

Just spray your wheels down and rinse them clean with the P21S Wheel Cleaner. This unique wheel cleaner is pH balanced and gel based. This is contrary to most cleaners which use strong acids and are liquid based wheel cleaners. P21s Wheel Gel Cleaner is pH balanced and completely safe to use on any wheel with any kind of finish. There are no harsh corrosive agents in this cleaner that can possibly fade or tarnish the wheel. The wheel gel then helps release road grime, brake dust and never been easier or more thorough.

Price paid and from where: 22.99 from detailedimage.com

Pros:

I would say it's safeness on all finishes and the ease of use for this product. This cleaner is not acidic so you can let it sit for 1min to 2 hrs of duration on the back of the bottle. I was experimenting with it and I diluted it 1:1 instead of using it straight on my dirty wheels full of brake dust and it did a pretty good job of cutting through without much agitation except for the really hard areas on the wheel. I used a mf mitt and scrubbed it and all of the contaminants came off with ease.

Cons:

Performance wise none, but the price is a little steep compared to other cleaners out there. $22.99 for 1000ML if you use it straight. Cut it 1:1 then you get 2000ML for 22.99.

Final Verdict:

I would recommend this product to anyone, rather your a DIY'er, a weekend enthusiast or a professional. It's a good wheel cleaner to have because sometimes it's hard to distinguish the finishes on wheels these days and it's very handy to have a cleaner that is capable of doing it's task without you worrying if anything will be damaged in the process.

Before Pic:

DSC01048.jpg

In the process of letting it dwell for 3mins:

DSC01050.jpg

Sometimes the hard areas can't be reached with a rag so I used Swissvax wheel brush.

DSC01052.jpg

After Pics:

DSC01055.jpg

DSC01054.jpg

ChargerFan17

Reaction score
Brand and Product name: Turtle Wax Super Protectant Spray
Price paid and from where: About $3 from Walmart
Pros: Made the car shiny and smell good :147703263745b138a51
Cons: Produced lots of glare is applied to the dash.
Final verdict: A cheap way to make your car smell good.

blackhawksfan18

Reaction score
Brand and Product Name: Meguiars Gold Class Paste Wax
Price Paid and From Where: Don't remember price (Less than $10) from Target
Pros: Easy to apply, doesn't take a lot of effort to remove, makes car look really good!
Cons: Hard to see on sliver or white paint
Final Verdict: Good wax to keep your car looking awesome! Good buy!

agginline86

Reaction score
Brand and Product Name: Meguiars DA Power System Kit
Price Paid and From Where: $75 on amazon
Contents: DA Polisher, 3 buffer pads (1 of each type to coincide with the compound, polish, and wax), 16 oz bottle of Meguiars Ultimate Compound, 16 oz bottle of Meguiars Ultimate Polish, 16 oz bottle Meguiars Ultimate Wax, and 3 (16x24") Microfiber towels
Pros: Attaches to standard corded drills, budget friendly, DA makes it hard to screw up, all-in-one kit
Cons: Small pads get saturated rather quickly, however you can alleviate this by doing small sections at a time
Final Verdict: For your average car enthusiast this is a great buy. I've worked on a couple cars with it so far and everyone who has seen the results has been impressed.

blackhawksfan18

Reaction score
Brand: Meguiars NXT Tech 2.0 Liquid Wax
Price: $20.56 w/ tax @ AutoZone
Pros: Leaves an amazing shine, goes on easy and comes off the same way, includes a free applicator pad :D
Cons: Waxy smell, price is too damn high, can easily spill everywhere if you flip the cap open and closed but I'm sure that is normal for liquid waxes, hands get filthy with the stuff really easy (Probably should use a DA)
Final Verdict: I just bought this the day of the review and tried it the same day (obviously). I love this wax better than my review on the Gold Class Paste by Meguiars and this is the ONLY wax I will use from now on.

MALWARE

Reaction score
carnu-b-weekend-warrior-total-package-kit.jpg
Brand & Product Name: Carnu-B Weekend Warrior Kit
Price paid and from where: $64.99 https://carnu-b.com/weekend-warrior/17-carnu-b-weekend-warrior-total-package-kit.html
Pros: Cheap, Free Shipping, easy to use, no need for fancy polishers, everything you need is included, no harsh chemicals, smells great, water repellent, car doesn't get dirt as fast, safe to use on windshield (Lasts longer than RainX)
Cons: None
Final verdict: These product are really easy to use and to apply, you can wax your whole car by hand in 30 minutes, and then additional time for the other products included. I have used many waxes, for example Turtle Wax, Meguairs (still a good product though), etc. The wax from this kit was the last one I tested and haven't used anything better since. The other products in this kit are just as amazing, the car shampoo seems to wash away dirt, bugs and other road grime a lot easier then the stuff you get at the stores. I was also able to restore my brothers plastic panels on his SUV with the Coconut Creme Protectant/Conditioner. If you have some sort of buffer you could definitely speed things up and give you car a much more thorough clean.

Last edited:
Back