DetailedByPrecision:Paint Correction Ceramic Paint Coating SanFrancisco AutoDetailing

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: DetailedByPrecision:paint Correction Ceramic Paint Coating SanFrancisco AutoDetai

DetailedByPrecision How did so many defects occur on a brand new 2017 Challenger Paint Correction CquartZ Ceramic Coating Auto Detailing San Francisco

Met the owner in person after he purchased his brand new dodge challenger to inspect it. He noticed a lot of defects on the paintwork after the dealership washed it for him. After inspecting, there were an insane amount of defects and some extremely deep ones as well. We agreed on a 3 step paint correction along with wetsanding for the deeper defects. This was one of the worst brand new cars I've worked on due to the excessive amount of deep scratches present for me to do my best to save it without compromising the paintwork. We chose CquartZ ceramic coating to help with the sensitive black paint.

Wash, iron x, clay

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4669 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4684 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4684 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4676 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4676 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Prep work and defects

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4691 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4691 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4698 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4698 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4704 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4704 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4707 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4707 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4711 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4711 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4720 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4720 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4730 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4730 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4732 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

95% correction achieved. M101 w/mf pads, D300 w/orange LC, Menz203 w/white LC, Essence w/black LC. The most time consuming part about this job was not the amount of taping required, nor the sheer amount of defects required wetsanding. The whole car was glazed before and hid so many sanding scratches, and more would show up or reveal itself after going over the section or area. The entire ordeal with the car was just messed up and the end result made both the owner and I extremely happy.

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4732 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4742 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4742 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Thank you for taking the time to view my work.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: DetailedByPrecision:paint Correction Ceramic Paint Coating SanFrancisco AutoDetai

Awesome work. I almost bought a black car last year but ended up with a white pearl instead. If I did get black though, I would shell out for a good ceramic coating for sure. I'm sure that owner is much happier.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score

nice job lemmie..

care to explain what u're doing here?

43258951835_4c29787bcf_c.jpg

43258942695_2188b4d8cf_c.jpg

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks Chris. For white cars, just do an iron treatment with iron x and claybar every 3 months to keep the iron particles in check. Only issue with white paint.

Hey Roy. The car had matte racing stripes so i had to tape it off to polish in between. The rear emblems got taped up as well to polish in between.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

DetailedByPrecision 2018 Honda Fit New but not the paintwork. CquartZ Ceramic Coating Paint Correction Leather Coating Auto Detailing San Francisco

Customer found me through google and was interested in paint correction, ceramic coating, interior leather coating to protect his new 2018 honda fit. We met up in person to go over the car and explain to him the process for all the services he was interested in. Gave him a final pricing and he made an appointment to drop off the car. So far in my experience I have not worked on a brand new car that does not require a 2 step paint correction. Theres always deep defects and scratches that need to be carefully removed without sacrificing what little clear there is to begin with. By now, I'm desensitized, and if I do come across a car that only requires a 1 step paint correction before applying a ceramic coating Ill be thoroughly impressed and faith restored in dealerships. Until then more work for us detailers...

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4787 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4787 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

M101 w/mf pad, d300 w/orange menz203 w/white Essence w/black

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4809 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4809 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4795 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4795 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4813 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4813 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4798 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4798 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4804 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4804 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4816 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4816 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4815 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4815 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4830 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4832 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4832 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4839 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4839 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4848 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4848 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

I cant believe I forgot to take pictures at the end... I was kinda rushed on the last day and just focused on delivering the job. Thanks for viewing my work.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

DetailedByPrecision 2016 Porsche Macan 2015 BMW 435i 2013 Toyota Tacoma Auto Detailing San Francisco

Three Enhancement jobs no paint correction. Each received Sonax paint cleaner. One of my favorite paint cleaners to date. Increases gloss, clarity, removes dirt film that a regular wash wont touch, and very light defect removal capabilities.

2016 Porsche Macan
Paint Enhancement

Wash, iron x, claybar, sonax paint cleaner, optimum opti seal

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4855 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4867 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4869 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

2015 BMW 435i
Paint Enhancement

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4883 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4893 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4896 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

2013 Toyota Tacoma
Paint Enhancement

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5052 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5052 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5054 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Thank you for viewing my work.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

DetailedByPrecision 2017 Mercedes C43 AMG 60hrs paint correction new car. CquartZ Ceramic Coating Auto Detailing San Francisco

The owner of this beast purchased this brand new and one of my customers is a good friend of his and asked him about me. Got in contact with me and met up in person to inspect the car. The car required wetsanding, paint correction, and protected with a ceramic coating. He was a bit skeptical about the pricing at first which is understandable because its a new car, but i was able to be on the same page as him after some explanation of the process.

cleaned wheels, iron x, claybar, wash

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4942 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4936 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4947 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4955 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

An extreme amount of deep scratches required wetsanding. mf pad w/ m101, orange pad w/ D300 white pad w/ hyper polish black pad w/ carpro essence

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4969 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4971 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4971 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4974 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4974 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4984 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4984 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4989 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4986 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4986 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5004 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5006 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5006 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4994 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision4994 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5004 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5019 (2) by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5019 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Finished shots

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5033 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5024 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5034 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5024 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing my work. This job took a lot of time and effort to perfect. Your car may be new but not the paintwork....

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

DetailedByPrecision 1997 Porsche 911 Turbo Paint Correction/Restoration. Wheels Off CquartZ Ceramic Coating Auto Detailing San Francisco

Before I begin talking about one of the most awesome cars ever built, I just wanted to point out this was one of my top 5 most longest detail and most rewarding end outcome. When I met the customer in person he told me the last time it got a detail was 6 years ago and this is solely his weekend car that does not see rain. We just connected immediately during our conversation because he knew what he wanted, knew all the new detailing terminology, he owns detail products as well, very educated in terms of auto detailing industry as a whole. He wanted the car to be 90-99% defect free and due to his last paint correction experience he was a bit on guard with anyone touching his car. I was humbled he chose me to bring it back to its glory days with a 2 week work schedule for it which is a lot longer than your usual detail. I easily put in about 100hrs alone into this job and was compensated very well for my efforts. We went with wetsanding every deep defect, 4 step paint correction, wheels off coating, also protecting the paint with a ceramic coating.

started with pulling the wheels off to clean the wheel well areas. Polished and coated brake caliper and wheels

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5107 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5125 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5125 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5116 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5113 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Wash, iron x, claybar

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5135 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5144 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5144 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Overspray whole entire back end had to be meticulously removed. 2 qtr panels, spoiler, engine hatch cover

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5178 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5178 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5152 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5152 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5157 (2) by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5157 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

M101 w/mf pads, d300/griots fc w/orange menz203 w/white carpro essence w/black

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5161 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5162 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5162 (1) by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5167 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5161 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5167 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5170 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5189 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5189 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5198 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5198 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5207 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5207 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

This hatch took a long time between using 1 and 2 inch pads and by hand

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5256 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5256 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Finished pics. Took extra pics to admire this well built air cooled 6 spd beast.

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5258 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5259 (1) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5260 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5271 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5269 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5258 (2) copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5264 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5261 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5266 copy by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing my work. It was a fun project and we achieved the goals and expectations of the customer.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

DetailedByPrecision 2013 Lotus Evora S Headlight Restoration Xpel PPF,2012 Subaru Impreza,2014 Bmw X5M,93 Toytota Pick up Auto Detailing San Francisco

Couple non paint correction or ceramic coating jobs I recently did. Sometimes you just need a break from big jobs and recollect your mental strength, physical state, and overall well being. Its cool to book a big job to show the world your skill set but auto detailing is a very labor intensive requirement. You need to know when to listen to your body and if possible take some time off, or do less grueling jobs so your focus is not distracted or as sharp.

2013 Lotus Evora S Headlight Restoration Xpel PPF
Met the customer in person and he told me he just bought this car for a really good price just for the sole purpose of tracking it. The headlights are a huge problem for this model and he done research prior meeting me. We went ahead with a headlight restoration and Xpel Paint Protection Film. Nothing too crazy with cracking or oxidation, just some deep scratches and swirls. Used 2000 grit, refined 3000 grit, polished out.

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5320 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5341 (2) by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5537 (2) by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5293 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

2012 Subaru Impreza
Full interior detail and Paint enhancement. (wash, iron x, claybar, sonax paint cleaner, paint sealant)

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5341 (1) by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

2014 Bmw X5M
Paint Enhancement (wash, iron x, claybar, sonax paint cleaner, paint sealant)

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5390 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5386 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5387 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

1993 Toytota Pick up
Owner havent driven this in over 5 years and have been sitting outside. He wanted to make it presentable again. Also focusing on touch up rust spots and clean the bed of the algae and bloom. Pressure washer with APC to clean the bed.
Paint Enhancement (wash, iron x, claybar, sonax paint cleaner, paint sealant)

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5515 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5534 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5536 by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

auto-detailing-san-francisco-Detailed-By-Precision5537 (1) by Limny Kuang, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing my work as always.

jypatric

Reaction score

Nice prep work! The paint looks flawless.

Back