Noob question about fuse box, updated

sydkck67

Reaction score
CIMG4758.jpg

Update: With some help from juicebox00 I now believe I know what all of these are for. #1 is acc, #2 is key on run, #3 is for parking lights, #5 is always powered (thanks Juicebox) and #4 is headlights. In the pic above # 2&1 are on the left side top to bottom, right side is 3,4,5 top to bottom.

Last edited:

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Noob question about fuse box, and yes I searched

juicebox00 mentioned what those are on the DIY fog light post.

....Now where to plug in the last wire section. "F" is going to connect to "G" and "K" will be connected to the fuse box under the steering column. This is exactly what "K" connects to. You probably want to connect it to the bottom left slot (I only suggest here if oyu have an afrwemarket radio thought) which is also works on the same power as the radio so if you can turn the radio on you can turn the fogs on. And by plugging it in the bottom left slot you may blow a "7.5" fuse (if you have a factory radio) that will make your radio not work but it is only the acc. fuse located in drivers side fuse box. So you'll just want to replace that fuse with a "10" fuse. do not use the bottom right! And the upper right area is on the same power as the ambers so you can only turn you fogs on when your ambers are on and when plugging it in there you will most likely blow the fuse for the ambers which is a "10" fuse located in the passenger side fuse box. To avoid it blowing you want to replace it with at least a "15" fuse and nothing more. Put higher fuses in at your own risk though because you aren't usually supposed to replace fuses with more powerful ones, but a slightly higher one should be fine. Upper left is unknown at this point. Also, when you connect it you want to put it up side down compared to how you think you would connect it.

swift07

Reaction score
Sorry to bump an old thread.
If I hook my fog lights to #3 (parking lights) will the fogs flash when I lock/unlock the car if fog light switch is on. Asking because I plan to put hids in the fogs. I would use the acc but I have my radar detector hardwired and don't want to put to much on one circuit.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to bump an old thread.
If I hook my fog lights to #3 (parking lights) will the fogs flash when I lock/unlock the car if fog light switch is on. Asking because I plan to put hids in the fogs. I would use the acc but I have my radar detector hardwired and don't want to put to much on one circuit.

yes if u leave the on button pushed in.

Back