HID giving me problems.

Bax

Reaction score
Okay, so my drivers side light keeps just randomly shutting off. It will be working fine, for an hour or so, then just randomly shut off. Once I turn the headlights off, and then back on, it comes on. But 5 minutes later it will do it again. Pretty much my drivers side just randomly shuts off whenever it wants to. It especially happens when I give it a LOT of gas (enough to cause good amounts of vibration in the engine bay[theballast and relay WERE crammed between the air box and wall], or when I hit a good sized bump in the road.)

I swapped the bulbs over, and it still happened on the drivers side.
I called XenonDepot today, and the tech support said if there is ever a problem with the ballast, it just won't work. He said check for any kinds of loose connections or oxidation at any connections.

Is this true? I unplugged every connection on my drivers side and plugged it back in, and once it gets dark I am going to drive around and see if I can get it to act up any more.

Guys, tell me what you think it going on. :thinking:

Swiftx246

Reaction score
ima say bad ballasts? if u said u had a relay then im pretty sure you have sufficient power. ballasts are bad then

Bax

Reaction score
Is it true what the guy said? about if the ballasts were bad then they just wouldn't come on at all. or do you think he was just bs'ing me to not have to send me a replacement?

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
ballaset are goin bad but not fully out yet, and he is just prolonging
tell him u had a freind that is a mechanic look at is and he said so, or make somthing beliveable up and tell him ballast is bad

Bax

Reaction score
Well I drove across town and back tonight, and it didn't even flicker. not one time.

But watch, just as soon as I get confident that it isn't broken, it will crap out on me. :squintrun:
Ugh, HIDs are such a PITA sometimes.

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
i guess, hope it works out for ya, have mine for almost a year now and not a single problem yet, "knock on wood"

kwak123

Teehee
Reaction score
Actually.. Take out your gauge cluster and make sure all the wires are clean and check the grounds etc. My lights used to do something similar but it was because I had a frayed wire back there.

Back