DIY: V6 Hood Damper Installation for 4cyls. (hood struts, lifts, shocks)

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Good job man.. didn't think that this would be that much of a problem, especially after seeing the shock kits on ebay.. they don't mention anything about plates, and drilling, they come with ready hardware. I don't know what they use but hey, your method works too, looks like it works well. :thumbsup:

AFAccord

Reaction score
Good job man.. didn't think that this would be that much of a problem, especially after seeing the shock kits on ebay.. they don't mention anything about plates, and drilling, they come with ready hardware. I don't know what they use but hey, your method works too, looks like it works well. :thumbsup:

I haven't seen those man. I'm curious what method they use...

AFAccord

Reaction score

Loading that now...

I just saw two kits on there. One was just OE style replacement dampers, and the other was for accords, but the item looked like a universal damper.

Looking at the one you posted, I don't see how they resolved the issue of not having a nut on the inside of the hood mount. Maybe someone will be the guinea pig? lol

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Looking at the one you posted, I don't see how they resolved the issue of not having a nut on the inside of the hood mount. Maybe someone will be the guinea pig? lol

I'd like to try this one, but this isn't a priority investment for me at this time. Badger, step it up and get one of these Taiwanese kits NOW!

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
AFAccord: I just came up with an idea. Perhaps it is possible to dremel/drill out a big enough hole in the underframe of the hood, near the hood hole (90degrees to it), to fit a nut through there, and fasten the ball stud that way, without drilling two holes in the plate, bending the tabs, and gouging a big enough hole to fit the stud mount into, and then mounting it. Do you understand what I'm saying? It would shorten the process, and involve less precision and drilling, but you would have an extra hole on the underside of your hood through which you would fit the nut to get it to the inside. Besides, if you have that gray underhood lining, it would cover up the drilled hole naturally when you put it back into place. The bare metal edge can be touched up by primer, then dabs of paint to prevent any rust in the future. Please see the first picture of this thread, and you'll see what I mean.

Hope this helps/inspires :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
I totally agree cus I've got a damper kit but don't want to do the plate on the hood (as far as the bottom part, there's a bolt there that I can use to attach the base). Plus, my dampers have just been staring at me begging me to install them lol.

Back