1157 Switchback led bulbs

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
So I got a second set of switchback led bulbs back from eBay and I went to install them with the resistors they game me and the bulbs still light up amber not white.

But when parking lights are on they are amber and when I flip the signal they blink white.

Could it be the bulb or would I need to swap my wires around??

Parking lights on,led switchback strip lights up white.
21de944165414da2413b6235ea31405f.jpg

Turn signal flipped on led strip blinks amber,bulb blinks white??
91089dd6d708935cd65c211484e3401e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

xci.ed6

Reaction score
At the base of the bulb are four contacts. The connector has three.

The connector has two colory wires on one side (turn & park power), one on the other side (ground for both, usually black).

The bulb only works one way, if you flip it 180°, it doesn't light.

So put it in to where it lights, find the power side, mark the bulb and the connector (sharpie).

Unplug, see the four wires bent over the base? Bend the ones on the marked side the OTHER way, the other side, the same positioning, try it!

I had to do that when I rewired my reverse/turn lights!

Wht00Accord

Reaction score
At the base of the bulb are four contacts. The connector has three.

The connector has two colory wires on one side (turn & park power), one on the other side (ground for both, usually black).

The bulb only works one way, if you flip it 180°, it doesn't light.

So put it in to where it lights, find the power side, mark the bulb and the connector (sharpie).

Unplug, see the four wires bent over the base? Bend the ones on the marked side the OTHER way, the other side, the same positioning, try it!

I had to do that when I rewired my reverse/turn lights!
Even if I swapped the wires it's still the same. It's the bulb that isn't correct. Don't think in buy cheap switchback bulbs on ebay they will not work as stated.

I ended up shipping it back and getting a refund.

I'm gonna spend the extra$$ for good quality ones that are tested before they are shipped out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Uh...

A bulb like that has 4 wires. 2 are ground, so the contact has a contact for each that connects both to ground.

The other end has left for one, right for the other. That is the ones you flip.

Back