Wheels/Tires

Ravenfan1969

Reaction score
I am new to the forum and looking for some help. I just purchased a 2000 Accord EX V6 from my mom to have as a second vehicle. It is in need for new tires and I thought I would freshen it up with new rims as well. I have found a set of take offs from a 2015 Accord, 17 x 7.5 10 spoke. They have 215 55r 17 on them. I am pretty sure from all the searching I have done that the rims will fit but the tires are a bit taller. Will they fit without any rubbing? It seems that all the post I see people are dropping their cars or pulling fenders. This car will remain stock. Thanks very much in advance for any help you can provide.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
They should fit, but your speedometer may be off.

Use one of the GPS speedo aps on your phone and see/post what it says now. What is the actual gps speed at 60mph indicated on the speedo, on stock tires?

My car is lowered a lot, I think, and my tires should be 215/40-18 but I have 215/45 to change gearing. And my speedo is correct (mostly, but it's better than it was stock).

Ravenfan1969

Reaction score
Is there anyone on this site with a sedan not lowered with 17 to 18 inch rims? I have searched and searched and can not seem to find any of you if there are any. If so could you just chime in with some pics or input. Thanks

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Stock wheel size: 15 x 6.5
Stock tire size: 205/65/15
Stock overall diameter: 25.5"

New wheel size: 17 x 7.5
New tire size: 215/55/17
New overall diameter: 26.3"

The overall diameter is increasing by about .8", which is too much as that is not what the car was designed for. You should really pick up some 215/50/17 tires for these wheels which will keep your overal OEM diameter, and the speedo/odo, accurate. What is the offset on the new wheels?

Play with a tire calculator if you haven't already, helps explain what is going on when plus sizing your wheels:
http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

Ravenfan1969

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I did play with the wheel/tire calculator and it says it should fit. I was a bit concerned with the tires being .8 bigger in diameter. If I had to buy and install new tires it would put me over budget and was hoping they would fit and not look funny. The offset is +55 on the new Honda wheels and the original offset I can not swear to but have seen in one chart posted here that they are +55 and have seen on another site +47. I need to probably wait till I get the car in my possession to confirm first.

Back