Varnell's '99 J37 Stroker 6MT Coupe EX-L

White6GAV6

Reaction score
You just cut the flare part and welded it to your fender. ^

Wheels are so simple and clean. Can't wait to see it all together. I like how you went from saying optimistically the engine being done then said it would be years . I completely understand your pain, my car hasn't been touched due to parts still

Ever think of get like 18 or 20 gauge metal and making a widened panel like the have for the S-chassis?

Varnell

Reaction score
Wheels are so simple and clean. Can't wait to see it all together. I like how you went from saying optimistically the engine being done then said it would be years . I completely understand your pain, my car hasn't been touched due to parts still

Ever think of get like 18 or 20 gauge metal and making a widened panel like the have for the S-chassis?

Thanks, man. Still can't wait for yours to come together. I was going to message you on IG the other day asking about your custom caster arms. Is that what's holding you up?

I don't think I've seen those. Probably have, but do you have any pics?

Talked to the shop today and they said they should have the block done this week and the rebuild should start sometime next week. No telling how long that will take. I'm fully expecting a phone call "this isn't the right part" or "you forgot to order this thing from Japan that will take four more months". I'm excited, but now I have to start finding all the parts I've buried in the last six months.

White6GAV6

Reaction score
Only picture I have of them is the one I posted on IG. Haven't had the chance to install them yet with school. The parts I'm waiting on are my custom front to plates for the coils. Guy keeps giving me the run around and telling me one thing than not doing it. We already had got into a couple weeks ago about it but he's back to the same thing. Honestly to the point where I can't even be bother to call and talk with him because it doesn't get anything accomplished. Hopefully I'll have the parts by the time I'm on summer break.

Anyways, if you want anymore info on the arms just let me know. Send me a PM or a DM. I'll probably see the DM first.

Seems like we have the same problems with shops haha. Really sucks. These projects shouldn't have taken this long. And I'm in the same boat as you, have so many half worked on projects laying around I have to figure out where everything is at :rofl:

Varnell

Reaction score
^I looked on your IG and didn't see the picture you were referring to.

rpf1b_1.jpg

Got bored so I did a slightly better MS Paint of the Model 5's. lol

Fingers crossed that the engine is done in the next week or two. It's looking like she'll back on the read before Summer.

phi1542

Reaction score
Bro that looks clean af! Waiting for the finished product haha what % tint is in the front?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Yeah....about that 3.7 stroker........Varnell, what numbers are you looking at, roughly?

I have been reading about people getting in a certain range, curious if there is a pretty common ground as far as the numbers go.

Varnell

Reaction score
Yeah....about that 3.7 stroker........Varnell, what numbers are you looking at, roughly?

I have been reading about people getting in a certain range, curious if there is a pretty common ground as far as the numbers go.

Sorry, man. Never saw your post on this. I'm shooting for 280-300whp. I'll honestly be disappointed with anything less than 290.

Snagged a spare set of Advan Model 5 18x10 +19 for a good price off Instagram for our 2nd anniversary. I like the black for whenever I get tired of the silver. Puts my mind at ease knowing I won't have to spend 6-12 months looking for a spare if I crack one.

20161102_183337.png

Last edited:

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Dont tempt me with these 300whp goals. I should probably get mine running first lol. By the way, thank you for all of your help so far

Varnell

Reaction score
I've read that the J37 TB/IM, better exhaust, and CAI can get the J32 to 260-280whp and it's only rated for 260hp. I'm hoping the same is true for the J37a1 since it's rated for 300hp. I'd be happy to report the results if I ever get the engine back. Was told last week that it will be my Christmas present. And by that I honestly hope he means it will be free. I kept calm and collected for the first year...

Just glad I can help. I had so many questions when I went through with the swap. Not a good feeling when you've dumped your savings into something and get stuck.

Back