Possessed Trunk?

Khurrum

Reaction score
The trunk on my 00 Ex just pops open as it pleases! They key fob is sitting untouched, the car is locked then the trunk opens and the alarm goes off...

Anyone know what the hell is going on? Has this happened to anyone else? Its bothering me a lot because yesterday I was walking back to my car from school and the trunk was open...(thankfully no one took my subs and textbooks..)

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Check the lever that opens the trunk from the inside
That switch that you must pull up to open the trunk or push down to open the gas lid

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Check the trunk latch as well, it may be loose and not catching as it should be.

hirichard

Reaction score
If I were you I'd empty out my trunk until you solve the problem. Try putting your key in the keyhole where your gas tank lever is to lock the trunk.

Khurrum

Reaction score
IT HAPPENED AGAIN AT 5AM!!!! WTH lol...I dont like running outside in the snow without pants...--And this happened when the trunk lever was locked..I also checked the latch/lock on the trunk and it seemed OK, although im not really sure what im looking for. When u close the trunk it seems fine and u cant pull it open..

Im not sure whether to call my mechanic or an exorcist....

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I think something might be wrong with your key fob, maybe something is pressing against the button?

Does it happen in colder temps, or whenever?

Khurrum

Reaction score
Perhaps, Maybe ill take the battery out for a while and see if its something wonky like that...---but it happens when the fob is totally out of range as well...so it has to be something in the vehicles electronics...

I dont think a change in weather would trigger it..

Back