FS: TheHunter's 98 V6 6 Speed (56k)

TheHunter

Reaction score
Asking $5000, willing to negotiate. Has over $8,000 worth of mods in it (I'm aware they don't translate to full value :p) 6GA guys get first dibs, then I will move on to other forums/craigslist. Shoot me an offer!

The OG members know me, been working on this car since '07. Always timely oil changes, majority of them being synthetic. Any difficult mods were completed by a reputable shop, with simple things being completed with me (and working rock solid for the last 8 years).

The time has come for me to move on to a newer car (actually I already have). With a heavy heart, the Accord has to go. I've got bills to pay! This is both my member's ride thread, and the end of my ride :p

Car is mechanically solid and very fast! If you drop the clutch at 2,500 rpm... you'll spin the tires for 30 feet. I recently got it tuned and dynod at Church's and pulled 233 hp / 212 tq. Has some cosmetic issues, but so far she's been a very reliable car. Never had any major engine problems, and during cam install, mechanic noted engine looks very nice inside. This car is a joy to drive and still gets about 21 mpg!

Mileage is ~160k (The cluster says 182 I think, but it had somewhere between 20 and 40k more miles on it than my car when I swapped it, going with the lowest possible number so people don't think I'm trying to lie).
Has had the full 100k mile service done at 110k (Water pump, timing belt, plugs, filters, oils, everything).

Have MOST of the original parts (but not all) that I will include if you'd like them. Needs registration paid for this year, but no smog this year. Also it passes smog, however I'd hide the VAFC (easily detachable via velcro).

Mods

Engine/Performance:
06 Accord 6 Speed Swap
Richie's V6 Swap Computers
Comptech Short Shifter
Cosport Shift Bushings
Innovative Motor Mounts (Lifetime Warranty, stiff and good response)
AEM V2 CAI
J32 Type S Cams
UR Racing Underdrive Pulleys
Megan Stainless Headers
Apexi WS2 Stainless Cat-Back Exhaust
Apexi VAFC 2 (Tuned by Church's)
DC Sports Front Strut Bar
Eibach Rear Sway Bar
Tein Basics Coilovers
Hawk Ceramic Brake Pads
Magnetic Oil Plug

Cosmetic:
Scangauge II (Used to monitor water temp, speed, and watch MPG)
02 Front Bumper
OEM Rear Lip
Retrofit Headlights w/ Corvette Projectors
6K HID's
Rare CF Trunk w/ Lights
V6P Black door lock things that stick up on your door.
02(?) Special Edition Cluster (Gunmetal Background w/ Red Needles)
Full Red LED Swap interior
Tint All Around
MomoCorse 18" Rims w/ Hankook V12 Tires (light)
Kicker 6" Front (don't remember the model number) *Audio system goes loud enough to hurt you while still sounding good*
Kicker 6x9 Rear (don't remember)
Kicker L5 12" Sub
Rockford Fosgate 600 watt RMS Amp
Kenwood KDC-X891 (Aux In, USB In, Ipod In, powerful and sounds great, plus it has a G-Force meter.)
Mugen (Probably knockoff, not sure) Oil Cap
Skunk2 Heavy Shift Knob (6 Speed Version)
Integra Type-R JDM Shift Boot
Aftermarket Alarm with Shock Detector
Recently replaced both window motors (known to fail at this age), so you're good for a long time!
Recently replaced radiator
"Rare" SoCal Ninjas Decal
Roof, Left Quarter panel, front and rear bumpers all have new(ish) paint.
Professional wash/wax/clay for sale, so you know paint is protected.

Known Issues:
Leather worn and torn (standard on these cars)
Speedometer Analog gauge cuts out sometimes (loose wire?), but Scangauge still displays correct speed.
Rear bumper corner lights need to be re-installed (I think I've got most of the parts)
Curb rash on 1 rim
Typical dings and scratches on paint for a car of this age
Typical clear coat issues.
Light damage in front left corner in engine bay (collision repair)
Steering Wheel Worn (duh)

Pictures:

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Hope this goes to a good home, glws RJ.

I'm not sure I knew Innovative's mounts are lifetime warrantied...so they send a free replacement if one fails? Did you go with 60a's?

TheHunter

Reaction score
Hope this goes to a good home, glws RJ.

I'm not sure I knew Innovative's mounts are lifetime warrantied...so they send a free replacement if one fails? Did you go with 60a's?

I hope so too, that's why I'm posting it here first!

I'm not sure how the warranty goes, that's just what I was told when I bought them. I have the Blacks (75a? or something) They're stiff but nice.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Looks really good man. GLWS. Wish I could get my hands on a harness to finish my swap. Basically the only thing I need to get started tearing down the car.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy crap RJ... I didn't know you were still around.... GLWS, and what car did you pick up?

Varnell

Reaction score
Good luck selling. I misread the title as "V8 6 Speed". lol

Where did you find that trunk? I've been looking for a non-shaved cf trunk lid.

nexTOme

Reaction score
GLWS RJ!
and welcome to Subie familia!!!

Back