H23a vtec swap

Jf95

Reaction score
Hey guys i just swapped out my motor to the h23a vtec. I got pretty much everything done the only thing is my cars not starting now. Its cranks but does nothing. I was maybe thinking i have the ground wires wrong. Does anyone have a picture or knows where the ground wires are supposed to go? Thanks

Jf95

Reaction score
I checked for spark and theres no spark. Im trying to find out where the ground wires are supposed to go. I got the ground wire on the valve cover and the battery ground to the tranny. Im trying to figure out where the thermostat ground goes and where the ground connected to the harness by the fuel rail goes. Does anyone know?

Jf95

Reaction score
So i did more research and i dont think i need a thermostat ground if im not mistaken. Since im using my f23 harness the ground by the fuel rail should go somewhere on the intake manifold.

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
The driver side of the intake manifold has a screw that holds a ground. Is the wiring for the distributor done right? Or maybe you just need to replace the cap/rotor

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Jf95

Reaction score
Yea the distributor was going to be my next guess. I have a jumper harness that goes from the distributor and the crank harness. Im not sure if i got the right jumper harness

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Anywhere :p

One to the block, one to the valve cover, and one to the trans. Anywhere. I'd pick a nice bolt, with a close bay spot, then cut any cable and crimp/solder it up!

Back