TCS and ABS and Side Airbag

Dagriff1997

Reaction score
Okay folks, have a few issues with my 02 Accord v6... The ABS and TCS like to engage while I am driving.. or parked for say. My TCS light will flash, as if I am losing traction, and I hear it engage, but... I am not moving! I could sit in park, and give the car a slight rev, and it would engage.. And with the abs, I could be slowly braking, almost to a stop, and the pedal would fight me. I took it to my dad's shop (mechanic) and no trouble codes were found in the ABS system. And the issue with my side airbag light is that I could be driving and sitting still, and the light would flash, not like a code or something, but as if there was something lightweight in the passenger seat. Which nothing is in, and I am sitting upright in the seat. Please help me solve my issues!:computer:

Dagriff1997

Reaction score
What method did you use to pull the codes?

My dad has a mentor touch code scanner. It has all the systems such as transmission, engine, abs, SRS, and immobilizer and such. It just didn't find anything in the ABS part of the car.

Dagriff1997

Reaction score
Alright, so I replaced the Passenger Front ABS Sensor.. My car is a v6 and they gave me a sensor for a 2.3 4 cylinder, I don't see a difference beside the length of the 4cyl cable is just a tad shorter, but ABS issues are fine, now to get cracking on my side airbag light. It's at random, but I would still like to get to the bottom of it. It only comes on when there isn't a passenger in the passenger seat, but if I am alone driving it, it will come on, and then the light will go out. I am at a loss!

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Maybe passenger occupant sensor?

We get a light when there is someone in that seat and they lean over too much. So I would watch the PID on a computer and see what changes when it shouldn't.

Last edited:

james'99

Reaction score
Maybe passenger occupation sensor?

We get a light when there is someone in that seat and they lean over too much. So I would watch the PID on a computer and see what changes when it shouldn't.

Yes, major possibility. If you sit on the edge of the seat with your feet on the ground outside the car, the light should come on.

Tyler555

Reaction score
Uh... Did you have something plugged into the 12v socket by chance? Anytime I plug anything in to the socket or into the radio via USB (aftermarket) the side air bag light comes on. 02 v6 sedan. I also have a TCS issue which was actually caused by the rear brakes not functioning... At all.... But this would just stay on indefinitely. Until I shut the car off.

Dagriff1997

Reaction score
No, I didn't have anything plugged into the radio nor the 12v socket. Its just random while driving, but I was also wondering if this could be an issue thats connected to my elc.. While I am driving, if I hit the gas, my lights dim, and when I let off, they brighten up. If I were to unplug it, all my lights stay at a constant luminosity.. So I am wondering if it isn't charging the car enough to stay full functioning..?

Back