HID turns off

Vomit_Comit

Reaction score
last night my hid would turn on then fade away then turn off. can some one help me and tell me what it is. i drive alot at night also

v6indodarknight

Reaction score
if u got it for less than $100 just buy another one... if u pay more than go with warranty...

before all of that, check and double check which part is gone...

J30MAN

Reaction score
One of mine (changes sides every time) don't turn on but my guesses are because of the cooled weather. So i turn them on and off repeatedly till they are both on. Btw they are Egay so there cheapos.

001Stunna

Reaction score
last night my hid would turn on then fade away then turn off. can some one help me and tell me what it is. i drive alot at night also

Check all your connections and wiring. Unplug everything 1 by 1, use a compressed air can and spray everything and hook them up again. Are you using a wiring harness or getting power from stock 9006 connectors? Try moving the ballasts around L to R and R to L. Does the problem still happen on the same side as before or other side? and lastly of course what HID Kit is it? 55w or 35w? Does it have warranty? What was its total cost to you?

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
One of mine (changes sides every time) don't turn on but my guesses are because of the cooled weather. So i turn them on and off repeatedly till they are both on. Btw they are Egay so there cheapos.

Turning them on and off like that is a good way tokill a ballast (especially cheap ones). Get a new kit from DDM. Pretty sure they have a lifetime warranty and they're cheap. Just got a 5000k kit from them for my buddies Ram, and I'm running their 6k D2S bulbs in my projectors.

99accord boi

Reaction score
ok question
does only one stay on
then they shut off or both shut off
cuz if one stays on jus let one warm up then shut them off and turn them off real quickly and problem solved

Back