Trunk letting in water

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Check the seal around the trunk opening. Pour water on the rear windshield and let it flow around and find the spot where it's penetrating and clean the rust and seal it up with some in weld or silicon

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Check the seal around the trunk opening. Pour water on the rear windshield and let it flow around and find the spot where it's penetrating and clean the rust and seal it up with some in weld or silicon

Also check the seals around the tail lights. Sometimes they like to let water in too.

SupraGuy

Reaction score
I'd bet on the lights. The trunk seal shouldn't let in too much water, even if they're gone. The lights, on the other hand will just let the rain pour in.

Mine do this kind of badly. They also let water into the light housings themselves, which I should really do something about...

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
Lol glad i am not the only one. My left inner tail light fills with water everytime i wash the car. I always pop the trunk and set my wash bucket under it and pull the light bulb ao it drains. I agree with the above your trunk shouldnt be the culprit i would check the light seals.

umop-apisdn

Reaction score
+1 on the tail light seals. That's generally the culprit in my experience.

NorcalLX

Reaction score
Am also having this issue with the PS trunk tail light on my 02 LX. I pulled both the tail lights and the corner turn/brake/tail lights and carefully cut new gaskets from 1/8" closed-cell foam and reinstalled. After the next rainstorm, I go to open the trunk and water pours out of the PS trunk tail light AGAIN.

Do I need to up the foam thickness to 1/4" or is the water getting into the light through a leaking ultrasonically-welded plastic seam in the light unit itself? I just replaced the light in question because the old one was damaged cosmetically but the one I got from PicknPull was cherry.

WTF?

Last edited:
Back