Go Back   6th Gen Accord DIY and Performance Forums > The Garage > URGENT - Help Quick!

URGENT - Help Quick! Car won't start, or having another issue and hoping for an answer right away? Post in here for the quickest response.

Register to remove these ads

Old 05-16-2018, 08:52 AM
Points: 2,556, Level: 14 Points: 2,556, Level: 14 Points: 2,556, Level: 14
Activity: 85% Activity: 85% Activity: 85%

Enne is an unknown quantity at this point
Member Photo Albums
Re: Starting issue

Yikes, don't put that Lucas stuff in the transmission. Please don't lol. Replace the ATF, then drive it for 100 miles, replace ATF, drive 100 miles, then replace one more time. 3x drain and fill is the proper way to fully "service" the transmission on a Honda.

Then save up the money and get the transmission repaired if it does not improve.

On my Prelude, which is a 4 speed auto, it was shifting super hard and wouldn't go into gear sometimes. I did the 3x drain and fill, and it's basically back to normal now. You'd be surprised how much just changing the fluid out will do for it.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:59 PM
Points: 4,444, Level: 19 Points: 4,444, Level: 19 Points: 4,444, Level: 19
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

GERM is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Starting issue

Originally Posted by Enne View Post
Yikes, don't put that Lucas stuff in the transmission. Please don't lol. Replace the ATF, then drive it for 100 miles, replace ATF, drive 100 miles, then replace one more time. 3x drain and fill is the proper way to fully "service" the transmission on a Honda.

Then save up the money and get the transmission repaired if it does not improve.

On my Prelude, which is a 4 speed auto, it was shifting super hard and wouldn't go into gear sometimes. I did the 3x drain and fill, and it's basically back to normal now. You'd be surprised how much just changing the fluid out will do for it.
thank you for the input. I keep getting mixed information as to how well the lucas stuff works. for now I'll just go ahead with replacing the atf.