I heavily modded my accord...

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
yeah, evo>wrx by a mile. congrats on getting a new car, not my choice of color or style but if its what you like enjoy it

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
Pretty sure an Evolution 10 would spank the WRX stock for stock.......if it was an STi it would be another story....
that's like saying an STi would smoke a lancer. haha pretty sure it will..plus subaru has better overall build quality. more reliable than mitsubishi.
congrats on a new ride, what are your future plans for it? you gonna drop it?

if i drop it it's going to just fill the wheel gap. subies are meant for rally and all that nonesense so i rather leave it to do what it's made to do. also don't want to scrape a new car.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
that's like saying an STi would smoke a lancer. haha pretty sure it will..plus subaru has better overall build quality. more reliable than mitsubishi.

STI Numbers
Curb weight est 3300 lb
Wheelbase 103.1 in.
Displacement 2457 cc
Horsepower est 320 bhp @ 6000 rpm
Torque 320 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm
Performance
0–60 mph est 4.5 sec
0–1320 ft (¼ mile) est 12.5 sec

Evo X Numbers:
Price est $32,000
Curb weight est 3500 lb
Displacement 1998 cc
Horsepower est 300 bhp @ 7000 rpm
Torque 325 lb-ft @ 3000 rpm
Transmission 6-speed semiautomatic
Chassis & Body
Brakes, f&r vented discs, ABS
Wheels forged alloy, 18 in.
Tires Bridgestone Potenza, 245/40R-18
Performance
0–60 mph est 4.5 sec

practically identical cars. Mitsu turbo engine has come a long way when it comes to bulding engines from back in the DSM disaster days, so what makes you so confident that the build quality is better for one car or another

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
STI Numbers
Curb weight est 3300 lb
Wheelbase 103.1 in.
Displacement 2457 cc
Horsepower est 320 bhp @ 6000 rpm
Torque 320 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm
Performance
0–60 mph est 4.5 sec

Evo X Numbers:
Price est $32,000
Curb weight est 3500 lb
Displacement 1998 cc
Horsepower est 300 bhp @ 7000 rpm
Torque 325 lb-ft @ 3000 rpm
Transmission 6-speed semiautomatic
Chassis & Body
Brakes, f&r vented discs, ABS
Wheels forged alloy, 18 in.
Tires Bridgestone Potenza, 245/40R-18
Performance
0–60 mph est 4.5 sec

practically identical cars. Mitsu turbo engine has come a long way when it comes to bulding engines from back in the DSM disaster days, so what makes you so confident that the build quality is better for one car or another

first of all i know the STi comes with 305 hp. if that's wrong i don't know what other numbers are wrong. second i was talking about build quality as in reliability. subaru's have been known to be reliable. mitsu's on the other hand...:rofl:

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
who-cares.jpg

said Rhetorical Arnold

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
I was using the R&T numbers because the article was the most objective. Most of the numbers were estimated but it proves my point that both cars are very closely matched. Which in turn invalidates your point about how a STI would smoke a lancer.

show me objective proof that the lancer has a lower build quality than a STI and i'll :gtfo:

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
I was using the R&T numbers because the article was the most objective. Most of the numbers were estimated but it proves my point that both cars are very closely matched. Which in turn invalidates your point about how a STI would smoke a lancer.

show me objective proof that the lancer has a lower build quality than a STI and i'll :gtfo:
oh boy...i said LANCER not EVO...irrevelant conversation.

great pick up

thanks. it was worth the wait.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
oh boy...i said LANCER not EVO...irrevelant conversation.

thanks. it was worth the wait.

I dont think its a question that both Subaru and Mitsubishi produce a nice car. It simply comes down to symmetrical AWD. The STI has a much better snap off the line and the car tends to stay straighter on dirt or snow.

The evo is based more off being a road car than a rally car, though it is used for rally. Ive driven both, so I can say they are both nice but the new STI does have the edge when it comes to balance. Subarus generally have a better resale value as well, atleast in my area.

They are both fun cars to drive, head to head though in a rally, the STI does have the edge. Im pretty much a rally addict, so im not just talking out of my ***. The evo needs more suspension mods to rally, the STI comes stock with all you need minus the rally wheels/tires.

But then again, how many people ACTUALLY use these cars what they are intended for anyways? I know when I buy a subaru its going to be used for rally, im not going to dump the car hella flush...its just not right.

OP, if you want to meet some real subaru owners I would highly suggest you register at DIRTYIMPREZA.COM.

Last edited:
Back