aem v1

apollo89

Reaction score
Anybody have problems with the aem v1 1050 not picking up the crank signal on an f23a1 manual? I'm seriously considering the aem v2 6050. Car is at the tuner and he's t/s.:confused:

akoutmos

Reaction score
The 1050 is more than capable. I have tuned on it before on both my car and other people's cars. Either the unit it self is broken, or the tuner doesn't know what he is doing.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
I got the v2 after my v1 wouldnt connect to the laptop,car kept rolling over and wouldnt fire up.

apollo89

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. The problem was definitely the tuner. For the aem v1 the start-up cal on the aem 1050 doesn't start the vehicle right off like it is suppose to. The cam and crank signals had to be properly set in order for the car to start and fire correctly.:hahano:

akoutmos

Reaction score
9 times out of 10 it's the tuner. Hardware manufacturers do a pretty good job of quality assurance. If the tuner says that the ECU is broken......more likely than not, they are broken. This isn't always the case, but generally it is what I have seen in my experiences.

apollo89

Reaction score
So as it turns out the tuner didn't know the aem. I had to get another tuner that normally turns subaru's. He got me started and I got home safely.:Moon: The car still has a few problems though. The car dies alot once its started from a cold start. After its warmed upon it runs good. I have to wire in the AEM AFR gauge and set the correctly settings for it to warm up correctly. Can anyone give me there experience and settings when it comes down to configuring warm up enrichment on this 30-1050 and closed loop for gauge.

akoutmos

Reaction score
If it dies when idling, most likely it is that the ignition sync has not been performed. Any time I look at someone's calibration the ignition sync is always default value. I don't know why no one ever does it. It is literally in the setup instructions. Getting the AEM to run in closed loop with the wideband is a patch fix without getting the car as close as possible to an efficient and accurate tune. Get it to run as is with no correction systems enabled...and then work on the details.

Back