my car die while driving and will not start until 10-15 minutes later

nick123

Reaction score
I have a 1998 V6 accord. recently, i have this problem - while driving for 30 min it dies on me and when i try to crank it, the motor turns over but will not start. However, if i wait for anywhere from 10 - 15 min, it starts up like not thing happened and runs fine but die again shortly. ( so when it warms up or heat up, it dies and when cool down, it starts. what's the problem(s)?)

Now i have replaced the following and have not resolved the problem and i need you help.

replaced ignition switch, ignition module, ignition coil, new spark plugs, new distributor and new rotor.

If you have encountered this similar problem and know the fix, please share it with me and may others....thank you....

Nick

nick123

Reaction score
Chido,
I appreciate your input and i may try taking the relay apart redo it. Right now the vehicle is at an import mechanic and they can not figure out what is wrong with it cause it has died on them even though the car die on me every day last week and each time i have to wait for 1- -15 min before it starts again. I will take the car back from the mechanic and drive it to see it dies on me if so i will try to do the main relay as you have suggested.

thank you sir....

Nick

johnburgelin

Reaction score
Did it happen to be the main relay? I have the same problem with my car and I've taken out the main relay and ignition switch, checked and fixed those, I believe. I'm onto the ignition coil now. Ordering the part tonight to replace it in the next day or so. Please let me know if you've found anything. I'd be very interested to know.

johnburgelin

Reaction score
Mine is definitely not the timing belt. The car does start, but once it's warm it dies and won't restart until it cools down. I've got the ignition coil on order as when it wouldn't restart I checked spark while cranking at the ignition coil and it wasn't getting anything. I'm hoping it's that.

nick123

Reaction score
I changed the ignition coil, distributor cap, distributor rotor, spark plug, ignition module and the problem did not go away until i replaced the main relay. I hate electrical problems....anyway good luck....

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Always check relays and fuses before diving into the engine. Your mechanic forgot the first steps in diagnosing problems.

Back