aem help

apollo89

Reaction score
So I recently got a hold of an AEM EMS 1050 for my turbocharged car. The car was swapped over from an auto to 5 speed. The problem that I'm having is the fuel pump wont come on. I followed all steps to the 5 speed DIY. When I put in the automatic ecu it comes on. No joy for the 1050 though. What would yall suggest.

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Sounds like it's one of a few items, but first question is are you using a stock fuel pump in tank or are you running any aftermarket fuel upgrades (pump wise)?

- It could be the pin out is different on the actual ECU vs the EMS. I'd check the wiring and the AEM wiring diagram/pinout locations and verify this is correct
- It could be a setting on the AEM, have you gone through and set up what pump your using and where it is wiring wise to which pin-out? Such as priming/and running options?

I would start there because it has to be either a wiring issue or AEM programming/setup issue.

Don't recall if there is any difference in wiring in the Auto/manual (I would imagine not) and if there isn't its a wiring into the EMS/setup problem.

apollo89

Reaction score
after looking at the wiring, there is a big bifference. A16 which is the fuel pump relay for the 1050 is not used on the automatic A16. There are also about 8 other so pins that are different. When I get off I will double check everything including the 2001 honda accord ex pinout that I have before depining.

hotaccord243

Reaction score
That's exactly what I thought it was due to the Auto/Manual Engine Harness differences. My guess is that there are a few other things that are wired/pinned incorrectly in different locations and/or setup in AEM to read wrong.

I would suggest double checking the differences (just like you stated) and re-pin/re-wire everything that needs to be. That should do it and you should be good to go.

Back