RR's '99 coupe EX-L

FNCONE

Reaction score
Re: RR's 3.2L '99 EX-L Coupe 6MT

Yes splice into the 20A ones from you drivers floor harness. (Unless you want to run straight to the battery with your own circuit) Its only 7.5A for the chair computers. Without the computer on, only recline works (If I remember correctly).

What I mean with the "CL side plug" is do not cut or alter your OEM accord harness. You can always splice and cut at the CL side.

picture.php

For instance, If this was the plug on the Accord floor DON'T TOUCH IT.
IF its the Plug Under the seat you can splice and ground all of the needed wires BEFORE THE CONNECTOR and only have " 1 wire" coming out. Just make sure you splice at the corresponding terminal for the accord connector (In your case the de-pinned Accord connector with CL Connector)

**THIS IS A SAMPLE PLUG NOT A SEAT PLUG**

Mikey

Reaction score

Dash warning for LED bulbs??? Dude, go pick up a cheap relay for that ish. That's the first thing I did when I put LEDs in the EDMs.

How is the 3rd brake light coming?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

You mean load resistors? I could but, meh I'm pretty used to it now. :lawl:

The brake light is mounted and wired up, just need to find a 3G TL housing to modify or cover it with fabric.

High mount TL brakelight finally in. Here's a terribru picture.

temporary-36.jpg

Varnell

Reaction score

What is custom about your grill other than it having a V6 badge?

I'm trying to decide between the type R coupe grill and the Raven grill for the 98-00 sedan bumper as it would make fitting the WW front lip easier. The Raven grill has awkward gaps, though. Yours looks much more flush and, assuming it's not completely custom, probably what I'll end up getting.

Volkswagen climate control knobs...?

And while I'm prodding you with questions about your car that I haven't seen answered, how did you go about removing your spoiler? Replacement trunk lid without a spoiler, plugs and shave, or fill in the holes and paint?

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

^I call it "custom" just because it's painted and I added a badge. It was just a cheap $35 Ebay gill to begin with. Yea CC knobs are off a VW I pulled from the junkyard, can't remember what model.

I looked for a stock wingless trunk for awhile but had no luck. So I finally bought a red one in good shape at the junk yard someone had removed the wing from already, had all the holes welded, grinded, and it got painted.

Varnell

Reaction score

That's reassuring. I have been looking at the ebay grills but was skeptical of the quality and fitment.

As far as the trunk, I'll keep looking for a spoilerless trunk and weld it closed if I can't find one. Sucks that my current accord didn't come with a spoiler but the previous owner drilled holes for an aftermarket one.

Varnell

Reaction score

I promise I'm not just copying your ride. lol

Anyway, I just picked up my CL-S steering wheel and plan to install it while she's under the knife. I've found every steering wheel install (RSX, S2K, DC5). In each of those threads there are always a few people that ask about the CL-S install, but nobody ever responds. Should I assume it's a direct plug and play using the 6ga air bag? The CC and volume controls look identical, too.

Styx2015

Reaction score

It is a direct plug and play with the 6ga air bag. Steering wheel controls are identical as well. Looks great to boot!

Varnell

Reaction score

That it does. Thanks, Styx. I'm thinking about painting the air bag black to match the wheel more closely. I don't want it to look cheesy, but the wheel has a gloss black shine, and I rarely use my horn, so I doubt I'd have to worry about it fading.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Yeah direct plug n play, just use the MDX wheel DIY guide. I’d also rent a steering wheel puller. Someone else painted their airbag if you're looking for tips, there's a thread somewhere.

I think the CL-S/TL-S wheel is the best looking wheel for the 6GA. I like the s2k/ep3 wheels but that third “spoke” at the bottom is so big and flat, just kills the whole thing for me. I wanted the Momo Accord Euro-R wheel for a while but it’s expensive and you lose the mounted controls.

Last edited:
Back