Battery indicator

apollo89

Reaction score
Hi

Problems with my 01 Honda accord. Mods
5 speed swap

Currently my car will not crank over. It displays no cels but a battery/alt indicator. I have installed two new batteries, two new alternators, and one new starter on the car for testing purposes with no joy. I also have doubled checked my wiring and grounds in the car as well as relays. Honda book says its a charging problem but I don't see anything wrong! Any suggestings a plus. Thanks :gride:

kn0x47

Reaction score
If you've put a new battery in and it still won't crank then it has nothing to do with that. Fyi any auto parts could have tested your battery and alternator before replacing it. Are you getting fuel or spark? Fuel pump priming? Getting spark at the plugs?
Also trying to crank the car several times is going to drain the battery. If you don't have your own charger then auto parts store can charge it for you

Did it stop turning over right after the tranny swap?

Last edited:

619rcr

Reaction score
Your computer is looking to see your shifter is in park or neutral. Did you wire up a gnd to the starter relay wiring? It will be the blue wire on the AT harness from the old trans connector. Basically, you are permanently grounding the wiring from the old shifter.
To test this before you gnd it. Leave the key to full on position, not accessory, not start. connect a jumper wire from the starter solenoid s terminal to the battery postive terminal. it will hot wire the starter & start the car. If this works, do what i suggested & gnd the blue wire.

Last edited:

apollo89

Reaction score
So this weekend I tried a few suggestions but I'm still stumbled. All lights in car work as well as outside lights. I'm getting intermediate full priming. When turninig the car to the on position the fuel primps then stops quickly than it should. It goes off as soon as the battery indicator goes off, then no lights on gauge cluster at all. Sometimes the gauge cluster lights would come on then go off. I do get fuel and spark when there on. It did turn over after the tranny swap. The problem started happening when one day I tried cranking it to much in excessive and then all of sudden lost all power to cluster gauge briefly. I have verified the wire colors and connections that is required. Currently I have the black, blue/white wires, gray wires together in accordance with the DIY auto to 5 speed on the site. One wierd problem is that when I plug in my obd2 scan tool. The fuel pump primes and all lights work. I have started investigating the wiring a bit more. :ioc:

619rcr

Reaction score
So this weekend I tried a few suggestions but I'm still stumbled. All lights in car work as well as outside lights. I'm getting intermediate full priming. When turninig the car to the on position the fuel primps then stops quickly than it should. It goes off as soon as the battery indicator goes off, then no lights on gauge cluster at all. Sometimes the gauge cluster lights would come on then go off. I do get fuel and spark when there on. It did turn over after the tranny swap. The problem started happening when one day I tried cranking it to much in excessive and then all of sudden lost all power to cluster gauge briefly. I have verified the wire colors and connections that is required. Currently I have the black, blue/white wires, gray wires together in accordance with the DIY auto to 5 speed on the site. One wierd problem is that when I plug in my obd2 scan tool. The fuel pump primes and all lights work. I have started investigating the wiring a bit more. :ioc:

You most likely have a short somewhere. Probably overheated a wire and melted the insulation. Look for a pinched wire or two wires touching around where you did your splices for the swap.

Back