UPDATED: Evan's Quest for a J32 6MT 6GA

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: UPDATED with Wiring Issues: Evan's Quest for a J32 6MT 6GA

Frankie is the man, I'm sure he'll have this thing up and running in no time. :)

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

With the car off, preferably no battery connected, check for continuity between E14 CL and C2 Accord Cluster which is a yellow green cable on the accord. Since your car is a 99 model the ecu did not send the signal to the cluster. Now that you have the CL engine and CL ecu we have to make sure your getting the signal into the cluster. Let me know if that helps if not we will continue troubleshooting.

Alright, I'll check this out and report back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FNCONE

Reaction score

I haven't even started yet...

Want the accord and CL gauge cluster electrical diagrams? I can e-mail them to you. Maybe this helps?

Accord: C2 (Gauge connector) --> C302 (#14) -->C103 (#2) --> Engine Coolant Temp Unit

CLS6: B3 (Gauge connector) --> E14 (ECM)

Edit: Realized FNCONE provided the same info after I typed all this up lol

LOL No worries I've done worst, I've mentioned an idea that i thought was unique and 2 post above me they already mentioned a similar idea!!! lol

Frankie is the man, I'm sure he'll have this thing up and running in no time. :)

LOL NO I'am not, In my Job I'am not even considered an electrical mechanic , I'm just above helper.
Thanks for the kind words. :thumbup:

Alright, I'll check this out and report back

Cool, remember the clusters might need a different signal. This is similar to the TL cluster when I did my research 99 Premium TL models had a hard time getting the type S cluster temp working. I've also read about the accords clusters having the same issue when trying to swap out to 01-02 Coupe clusters. Let me know hope you get it.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

Cool, remember the clusters might need a different signal. This is similar to the TL cluster when I did my research 99 Premium TL models had a hard time getting the type S cluster temp working. I've also read about the accords clusters having the same issue when trying to swap out to 01-02 Coupe clusters. Let me know hope you get it.

I've got continuity. Both from the ECU and the gauge cluster. I had the ECU wire crimped into a connector from the gauge cluster. Nothing, this was when I drove it home.

Then I tied the wires together from the gauge cluster, connector, and ECU and still have nothing, just to test for temp. Car was idling for it to test to see if it read temp.

My next step is to connect just the connector and ECU wire and see if that does anything I assume.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

Bad thermostat?:hide:

That's the only thing I didn't replace while the motor was out. I won't be surprised if its out. But its easy to get to.

On another topic, my sensor came in. Plugged it in to see if it just needed to read voltage, no change.

So either I have to drill into the trans and place the sensor there. Or I could try to get a transmission speed sensor for the Accord 6 speed and placing it in a hole in the front of the trans that is empty at the moment. But that does involve extending the harness a little bit. So now I just need to decide which is first

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

So bit of an update: We drilled the crank sensor and put it in the transmission. Perfectly inline with the flywheel, centered and everything. Still won't rev above two grand. Now that both crank sensors and brand new and they both work properly, I'm at a loss for ideas on what else could be it now.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

And today I went out to start it, and now it doesn't even crank. Fuel pump primes, all dash lights come on, but will not start. Just sat in the garage all night

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Sorry to hear this Evan, sucks. There is an answer though, someone has got to know, I assume many people have been doing true manual swaps since the module is long gone.

Tito_CG3

Reaction score

Hey I am doing the same swap i literally have the same set up J32A Type-S, 06 6 SPEED M/T, with 03 CL-St 6 speed engine harness and ecu and my car won't pass 2k. Can u post some pictures on where exactly you drilled the hole on the accord transmission for the sensor I need to drill one as well but don't know where exactly

Back