UPDATED: Evan's Quest for a J32 6MT 6GA

Tito_CG3

Reaction score
Re: UPDATED with Wiring Issues: Evan's Quest for a J32 6MT 6GA

Hey I am doing the same swap i literally have the same set up J32A Type-S, 06 6 SPEED M/T, with 03 CL-St 6 speed engine harness and ecu and my car won't pass 2k. Can u post some pictures on where exactly you drilled the hole on the accord transmission for the sensor I need to drill one as well but don't know where exactly

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Re: UPDATED with Wiring Issues: Evan's Quest for a J32 6MT 6GA

Hey I am doing the same swap i literally have the same set up J32A Type-S, 06 6 SPEED M/T, with 03 CL-St 6 speed engine harness and ecu and my car won't pass 2k. Can u post some pictures on where exactly you drilled the hole on the accord transmission for the sensor I need to drill one as well but don't know where exactly

You have my exact setup. I can take pictures for you, but nothing improved for me. You may not have anything happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
UPDATED with Wiring Issues: Evan's Quest for a J32 6MT 6GA

Sorry to hear this Evan, sucks. There is an answer though, someone has got to know, I assume many people have been doing true manual swaps since the module is long gone.

Yea. I've been asking around. As far as I know, and what I could find, I'm either the first to drill the CL-S sensor in the Accord transmission and try to keep the CLS6 ECU or the first to document it. Gonna keep trying different stuff, it's probably something simple.

Tito_CG3

Reaction score
I have been looking into the AEM Series 2 EMS 30-6051 it looks like this is our only solution, it says is a plug and play but with a auto engine harness and that means we need to use automatic engine with a 6speed m/t only thing we have to repin or rewire will be the speed sensor and the lock out solenoid for the manual transmission belive, and we will be able to tune the engine and mess around with vtec engagement, 2 step, ect.

Tito_CG3

Reaction score
I gather some information on the trigger sensor that goes in the transmission, we might be able to drill the hole get it in the right position, but we need to replace the accord flywheel with the 03 6Speed CL-S witch is around $500 dollars in autozone and the sensor cost around $100 to $200 dollars from Acura, so in my opinion if we aim for the AEM EMS we don't need to replace flywheel, buy sensor for transmission, drill a hole on the transmission, worrying about having the sensor position in the right angle, and we can get the engine tuned and gain a few more hp and tq.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
I have been looking into the AEM Series 2 EMS 30-6051 it looks like this is our only solution, it says is a plug and play but with a auto engine harness and that means we need to use automatic engine with a 6speed m/t only thing we have to repin or rewire will be the speed sensor and the lock out solenoid for the manual transmission belive, and we will be able to tune the engine and mess around with vtec engagement, 2 step, ect.

I've been looking into AEM, I just don't have the money for it. I've got my old auto harness from the J32 and a few other things from it. From what I hear with AEM, you don't have to rewire much, if anything.

I gather some information on the trigger sensor that goes in the transmission, we might be able to drill the hole get it in the right position, but we need to replace the accord flywheel with the 03 6Speed CL-S witch is around $500 dollars in autozone and the sensor cost around $100 to $200 dollars from Acura, so in my opinion if we aim for the AEM EMS we don't need to replace flywheel, buy sensor for transmission, drill a hole on the transmission, worrying about having the sensor position in the right angle, and we can get the engine tuned and gain a few more hp and tq.

I've got a CLS flywheel. So I don't understand why it's still not revving out

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Update: It starts, but still cuts out. Been reading about a few things:

1.) Air Gap for sensors. It might be too far away, so that'll be the first thing that I try.

2.) Tuning the stock ECU. I've heard little about this, but it is supposedly possible.
--Just talked to my tuner friend about this and he said it's something no one usually does and does not recommend. So one option out the door

3.) Piggyback on the stock ECU. Have seen some decent results off a piggyback, so also a good thing to at least research.

But still cannot get my temp gauge to work. I re-wired it and still nothing. I did however clean up my NSS wiring also.

Last edited:

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Worked on the car some today. More roadblocks as usual. Sensor is too far away from the flywheel to read anything and it can't come forward anymore than it is now. It needs at least another half inch or so to even be close enough to get a magnetic reading. So either I'm left with finding another sensor off a different vehicle or changing the transmission or ECU. Another thing to add on top is you mostly cannot return electrical parts

TurboAccord99

Reaction score
Update: It starts, but still cuts out. Been reading about a few things:

1.) Air Gap for sensors. It might be too far away, so that'll be the first thing that I try.

2.) Tuning the stock ECU. I've heard little about this, but it is supposedly possible.
--Just talked to my tuner friend about this and he said it's something no one usually does and does not recommend. So one option out the door

3.) Piggyback on the stock ECU. Have seen some decent results off a piggyback, so also a good thing to at least research.

But still cannot get my temp gauge to work. I re-wired it and still nothing. I did however clean up my NSS wiring also.

Hey Evan,

How do you currently have your temp gauge wired up? The circuit wiring per the manuals is as follows. Not sure if this helps as the Accord signal comes directly from the sensor and the CLS comes from the ECM.

Accord:

Eng Temp Gauge C (2) --> C302 (14) --> C103 (2) --> Eng Temp Sending Unit

CLS:

Eng Temp Gauge B (3) --> ECM E(14)

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Hey Evan,

How do you currently have your temp gauge wired up? The circuit wiring per the manuals is as follows. Not sure if this helps as the Accord signal comes directly from the sensor and the CLS comes from the ECM.

Accord:

Eng Temp Gauge C (2) --> C302 (14) --> C103 (2) --> Eng Temp Sending Unit

CLS:

Eng Temp Gauge B (3) --> ECM E(14)

Thank you. But what is C302 on, the ECU? And then I'm assuming the C103 is the two ends of the engine harness that go into the ECU?

Back