resetting ecu? i dont get it

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
So i reset the ecu after every mod i do to the car? for example: i/h/e? Some say its useless, but some say its helpful? Some1 care to fill me in? Btw i searched and did not get the answers i wanted. thx

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
the reason you reset it is because of the increased air flow. putting on something less restrictive on either the intake or exhaust side, will flow better, and if you reset the ecu, it relearns with what you currently have set up on the car. this way its not going off of its fuel maps and such for your old/oem stuff, when youve got newer aftermarket things installed on the car.

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
don't forget to reset it after you blackhouse your headlights or put led's in.... :lawl:

j/k!!

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yes. its a good thing to do, especially after an intake, since your fuel mixes with the air. more air coming in (from a new intake) + stock fuel maps (from stock intake system) = running lean...and thats no good.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your ecu just relearns anyways, its not that necessary. I never reset my ecu after a mod, i'm too lazy to reset my radio stations and clock.

Back