Cloth to leather seat conversion

NguyenAdam

Reaction score
I know this has been posted before, but I couldn't find the thread. I have a SE coupe and just acquired an all leather interior from a EX. Is there any wiring that I have to worry about or can I just plug it in and be alright? There are 3-4 wire harnesses on the drivers side, but I'm not sure what they are for. If I have to rewire it, is there a wiring diagram or some sorts? As for the passengers seat, there are 3 wire harnesses when I only have one. What are the other two for?

NguyenAdam

Reaction score
Partial power? As in I won't have reclining? The only power option that my current seat has is height adjustment.

hybridhatch92

Reaction score
if your seats in the car are not power then yes you will have to wire them....i just put a set of leather in my coupe and wired it into the factory harness

Wid

Reaction score
That would be partial power. I don't know if the plugs are different though

Plugs are different from the 8 way adjustable and the height adjustable option.

When I wired the 8 way adjustable seat to my height only harness, I just took the ground, and 2 power wires (only 3 wires total) and wired them to the existing ground and power wires. Just spliced them in. I used a riding lawnmower battery to figure out what wires did what, hooking up the ground then testing each wire until I found which ones controlled the 8 way switch options.

All 8 options work just fine.

Brad2274

Reaction score
^that's exactly what i was thinking.
as for your passenger seat, have you tried tracing the wires yet?

Wid

Reaction score
^that's exactly what i was thinking.
as for your passenger seat, have you tried tracing the wires yet?

The only power I have going from my passenger seat is the heated seat option but I don't have that wired at the moment.

Also forgot to mention I don't have the seat belt connector plugged in and I avoided any sort of dash light.

Just the leather seat bolted in place of the cloth with the 8 way adjustable hooked up to existing ground/power wire.

Back