AP2V1 and AP2V2 wheels on 6GA... look here!

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
Re: AP2V1 wheels on 6GA... look here!

looks like i know what i'll be selling soon :lawl:

NASOHC

Reaction score

Well, there was discussions in a thread that Chris(RedRyder) made about what colour to paint rims, I did post up a link from the Toronto Prelude Club about a DIY someone did.

Some of the concerns are the finish and how often you will have to redo the rims each season, or how many times in a season you'll have to redo them.

Chips and paint flaking are always a concern, but if you are willing to put in the work to maintain them, they can look great.

Cool, I figure, it won't be for too long... as soon as I sell my TE37's, I'm going to get another setup for a whole new look. I'll most likely keep these AP2's to just commute the car so not too concerned with longevity of finish.

JEER42

Reaction score

Those wheels look hot on your Accord. Will look much better once they are painted. You will need to sandblast the chrome off before your paint.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Nice! For some reason I never like the way s2k wheels look when painted black, I think it's because their detail is so subtle and it just seems lost when it is without a lighter finish. I'd get rid of the chrome and do a dark silver or something, but that's just me.

In regard to rattle canning, pretty much what Derek said. I have a set of wheels I am getting painted professionally (friends with the paint guy at my dealer). Hoping it goes well.

J30MAN

Reaction score

that paint is so win...the wheels look great, usually chrome isn't my thing but those are real nice.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Actually Ken, why not paint the wheels to match the colour of the car?

Back