AP2V1 and AP2V2 wheels on 6GA... look here!

juicebox00

Reaction score
Re: AP2V1 wheels on 6GA... look here!

they look good ken. And you can paint your rims fr under $15 and have it last. no need for "wheel paint" i just used rust o leum paint that said it adhered to metal, $3 a can. sanded(100, then 200ish) it down, clean, heat rim w/ heat gun, 1 layer of paint as a "primer", w/ higher(400ish) grit sound down that layer, then clean, heat up rim again and give it another coat(do that 5-6 times per rim), then heat up and clear(3-4 times per rim). let dry over night and you're done. done both my car and my dads. no chipping on either one and i've had mine since last summer.

scrapnav6

Reaction score

personally i kinda like the chrome. and the wheels themselves obviously. i want to get this setup for my car but probably in the alloy color. very clean oem look tho :thumbsup:

SykVSyx

Reaction score

personally i kinda like the chrome. and the wheels themselves obviously. i want to get this setup for my car but probably in the alloy color. very clean oem look tho :thumbsup:

Would have been my first choice too when it came to the AP1 vs AP2 wheels...all rears.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score

yea i would like them in the OEM painted silver...that contrast from the paint looks good...

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score

They look good for that OEM+ look but honestly I like ur old wheels better.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score

they look good ken. And you can paint your rims fr under $15 and have it last. no need for "wheel paint" i just used rust o leum paint that said it adhered to metal, $3 a can. sanded(100, then 200ish) it down, clean, heat rim w/ heat gun, 1 layer of paint as a "primer", w/ higher(400ish) grit sound down that layer, then clean, heat up rim again and give it another coat(do that 5-6 times per rim), then heat up and clear(3-4 times per rim). let dry over night and you're done. done both my car and my dads. no chipping on either one and i've had mine since last summer.

why do u have to heat the rims up before every coat? :thinking:

Back