What will be good color for OEM Wheels...???

01SilverAccord

Reaction score

hello online fellas in here,
My OEM wheels are at the end of their life. I tried to clean and keep them in as good shape as possible but unfortunately, mother nature beats on them so bad. I'm thinking about sand them down and paint them to bring them back to their glory days again.

zocaz5.jpg

What do you think would be a good color for them??? Please no Black. I'm not a big fan of Black and I have silver in mind ...
Inputs are greatly appreciated..:party52:

Tectonickz

Reaction score
Silver would look real clean. Otherwise a darker shade of silver, closer to gray I'm sure would also look nice. Just another one to throw out there staying relatively neutral color wise would be a bronze/gold-ish color. Sometimes silver and bronze/gold mix can look nice. Just an idea. Good luck keep us updated!

01SilverAccord

Reaction score
Silver would look real clean. Otherwise a darker shade of silver, closer to gray I'm sure would also look nice. Just another one to throw out there staying relatively neutral color wise would be a bronze/gold-ish color. Sometimes silver and bronze/gold mix can look nice. Just an idea. Good luck keep us updated!

My initial thought was Silver and then I saw RedRyder signature and thought bronze actually doesn't look bad at all. I also thought about white but u guys are right Silver will look really clean.
Thanks for the input guys.

sandydoull

Reaction score
I agree that OEM wheels should be kept in original colour.

I hope you don't mind me hijacking this thread, but i was just about to ask on here how i would go about deep-cleaning/shining my wheels. Does anyone know if these are clear coated or not? This is the kind of rims i have ty: netcarshow.com/honda/1998-accord_coupe/1280x960/wallpaper_07.htm

f20bcg3

Reaction score
This product will get a deep cleanuploadfromtaptalk1408567483370.jpg

And your wheels should be what you think will look best for (your) car but oem or gunmetal gray look good too

Back